College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Thinking about it a bit.

You could play every team in the league once.

https://twitter.com/tiptonedits/status/1688188105767972864?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg
Thatā€™s rough. I feel bad for the Pac 12 schools remaining that are in complete limbo in a conference that is going to cease to exist

Letā€™s get raidinā€™!!!

I would think a WazzU guy might light that their competition just got a lot easier.

Do they even have competition lined up? What conference are they going to be in? Or will the Pac 12 become a 4 team league where each team plays everybody 4 times during conference play?

1 Like

Welcome to the Pac-4, baby!

5 Likes

does Kansas loosing this summer to Bahamian National team mean anything?

no it does not

1 Like

Absolutely nothing.

2 Likes

sounds good was just curious.

1 Like

I love how something like that gets spun to be positive or negative based on the success of the coach

Your team just won the title: Iā€™d die for him

Your team just missed the tournament: yo chill Tf out

11 Likes

Nah. These guys were studs on their high school teams. They came to schools like Wazzu to play at the top level. They canā€™t be happy to go down to the MWC, if thatā€™s even in the cards.

The guys at MWC schools were studs on their Hs teams too. The MWC with the PAC schools would be probably the 5th best conference which is what the Pac12 already was

6 Likes

You should also resist the temptation to read too much into Illinois struggling against the Madrid All-Stars in their first foreign exhibition game. I read in Illinois blog today that highlighted a concern about their high turnover rate continuing this year, but then also proceeded to compare. Ty Rogers to Draymond Green and compliment him despite his continued shooting struggles.

1 Like

Did not realize Oregon State and Cal wouldā€™ve been the 2 worst teams in the MWC last year. Woof.

3 Likes

Yeah, all D-I guys were in the 99th percentile of HS players. But you donā€™t get to that level being afraid of competition. A Wazzu player is not going to be relieved to not play Zona or SC anymore. Thatā€™s just not the mindset of these guys.

3 Likes

Maybe. But Wazzu hasnā€™t made an NCAA Tournament since 2008. Would you rather have a better chance at making a tourney run or would you rather play tougher regular season competition?

Different sport, but two examples of two-time transfers in CFB getting denied immediate eligibility after filing hardship waivers.

1 Like