College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

If he wasn’t busy with the NBA, the Big Ten could employ coaches’ box enforcer Moritz Wagner.

7 Likes

Scott Drew should be fired for cause

14 Likes

What’s the penalty for calling the coaching box thing? I do think it has gotten out of hand and should be dealt with…but it isn’t like it has an impact on the game. If you give a tech for it that’s pretty extreme. Feels like the sideline warning in football, warn them once, penalize them a second time.

Concerned about the head snap thing…feels too subjective and extreme. We will see.

1 Like

Scott Drew line of thinking, “If there are a gazillion teams in the tournament, what are my chances of getting knocked out by an 8-seed?”

1 Like

Dylan do you know if Michigan has this?

No. Coach Howard recognizes his players’ faces. Michigan hoops isn’t the revolving door that Kentucky basketball is. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Translation: If I coach a kid and he doesn’t have a breakthrough, it’s on him, not me, because he didn’t work hard enough.

7 Likes

The last sentence Cal said can’t possibly be true.

2 Likes

Yeah, I believe so. I think these are just Noah Basketball trackers which Beilein was big into back in the day (they tell you the angle/arc of your shot when you shoot it). Not sure if these are a newer version or what, but Michigan definitely has that equipment. I think most high majors do at this point.

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Hunter gets slighted again.

1 Like

Not here.

3 Likes

Love it. The more pissed off Hunter is about this the better IMO

7 Likes

Mike Woodson never recruited him. Never forget.

12 Likes

In ESPN’s article about that pre-season list their paragraph about TJD is telling. For Bacot and Tschiebwe it talks about how they set records for rebounding, double-doubles, etc. For Timme it talks about how he’s a 2-time all American and has led his team to two deep runs. For TJD it says, “he was a pre-season All-American last year too” and then says “…lead his team to the tournament for the first time in six years, but they were defeated in the first round.”

I hate being negative to TJD because he’s a good player and seems like a good guy. But the level of hype and PR he gets relative to his accomplishments is disproportionate.

4 Likes

Three time preseason all big ten

3 Likes

20 Likes

No, absolutely not . Terrible

1 Like

I don’t understand why anyone would take him over Hunter. I don’t even feel like it’s really that close. Hunter clearly impacts the winning mode , no?

What am I missing?

1 Like