College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Wasn’t Capel supposedly K’s bag man at Duke?

It’s definitely not due to his coaching acumen.

1 Like

Yeah he has been a bum at both power 5 job he has took.

2 Likes

Do we think that Michigan and Kentucky will play a home/home or no?

5 Likes

0.0% chance

3 Likes

Would be great.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ticket Exchange Thread 2022-23

This tracks with logic and previous reporting. The owners likely prefer the age rule as it does save them from a couple bad picks a year, and allows them to have rookies on rookie scale contracts at a later age. Silver has all along been he one pumping the idea about getting rid of the age limit. Still think it probably happens, but Silver + owners + NBAPA are gonna have to figure some things out

I’m confused on who is pushing for this, like is Silver on his own? As you say, the current rule benefits the owners, so I don’t see them pushing for it.

And while it benefits the future players, that is at the expense of the current crop of players in NBAPA, and I’d be surprised if they are pushing for it for this reason.

1 Like

It’s a good question… the only people who benefit are the players themselves and the agents. I guess you could maybe argue that the NBA (aka owners) benefit from getting Zion or Chet or Wemby a year earlier for the hype…but I would probably argue that their hype builds more in college that extra year.

1 Like

No argument that it’s just philosophically the “right thing to do?”

2 Likes

Definitely agree re 'Nova.

Gonazaga maybe too low?

Is UCLA ahead of IU the big 10 schools?

I like the shout out to the HOGS!

It’s really hard to disagree among the top 4 but I think I might switch line 1 and line 2.

Awful news. Probably one of the best mid major PGs in the country.

2 Likes

The NBA believes they can develop talent more effectively than college coaches. That’s why they would do away with the rule.

1 Like

I think they think that but I don’t think the owners want it though. That’s what Givony said at least

1 Like

I don’t really know what the investment in thebg league is for then

2 Likes
5 Likes

One thing you can do in that situation if you’re EMU is to add dignity to the whole thing by calling him ``Mr. Bates".

Kentucky gets another 5 star to commit during Big Blue madness

1 Like

DJ Wagner next man up seems like it

1 Like

Just signed an NIL with Nike which effectively eliminated Louisville

3 Likes