College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I’m not sure what the original call was, but I hope it wasn’t a block. The defender established legal guarding position well above the 3 point line, moved to maintain position, and took the contact right in the chest. Textbook charge. Gottlieb screaming that if anything it should be a UNC foul doesn’t surprise me. He’s usually wrong.

I’m good with the upgrade to a flagrant 1. Mintz is RH player, so for him to swing the ball from R to L while clearing space with the right elbow is unnecessary (from a basketball standpoint) and excessive (elbow to the head).

2 Likes

You’re right re English - I was thinking of him vs Caputo.

Mooney is a really good name. That’s a nice solid floor.

2 Likes

Xavier is flattening UCONN

Former Iowa great Jack Nunge

The Souley Boum/Colby Jones backcourt is really good

Edit: I post this, Sonogo starts going crazy, Gimbell crowd is involved, and it’s an 8 point game

1 Like

UConn cuts it to 1, Xavier pushes back to 11, UConn cuts it to 1, now it’s 4

Exciting game

Convinced Colby Jones is a pro

Not many 6’6” guards who can shoot and handle

As the resident UConn alumn I will say I hate dan hurley.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

4 Likes

Mike White woke up feeling dangerous

41 points

29% shooting

18% from 3

42% from the stripe

19 turnovers

2 Likes

He is taking notes from your boy Mr. Gard

2 Likes

lol

12 Likes

Hahaha that’s awesome

1 Like

If Gottlieb isn’t the biggest blowhard in college hoops then he’s gotta be in the top 3. So many awful and flat wrong takes.

5 Likes

To close the loop on this, apparently it was a social media stunt.

1 Like

Not at all in the same ballpark, but I had a work league game where I made 18 out of 21 points for my team (it was 1s and 2s up to 21). Towards the end, we were 1 point from winning and I missed a couple midrange jumpers and my teammates got impatient and were like “c’mon just finish the game already!” Should’ve gone for a higher percentage shot there I guess :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Figured as much. No way would the guy just “accidentally” walk on the court during live play. The commentary by the announcers was funny though.

What’s worse than being on the team where one guy takes all the shots is being the guy on the team where one guy gives up all the points. A favorite pickup basketball story for me is that time when the person who likes to set blind backpicks in transition and cannot shoot but likes to was playing on my team. I gave up a couple of jumpers and this guy made a point of switching defensive responsibilities with me. He then proceeded to give up every single point to that guy and we lost 21 to 4.

2 Likes

honestly we should get a thread set up for best pickup ball stories

5 Likes

To date myself

My roommate clotheslined Drew Henson going to the hoop in an intramural game

Diallo Johnson told us he’d kill my friend if he did it again

4 Likes

I have had several but one, I played pickup basketball against Daryl Stonum and Junior Hemingway at the CCRB. I was tasked with guarding Junior Hemingway and needlessly to say, it was not fun because Junior pretty much treated the game like a football game. It was super physical but I definitely held my own. I had a breakaway layup but Stonum caught up from behind and felt that he was going to block me from behind which I smartly aborted when he came alongside me. The next day, I was so sore from Junior’s physicality. lol

3 Likes

Yeah, you don’t ever want to be the one who injure a star football player. That’s a good way to be the most hated student on campus

2 Likes