Cole Bajema enters transfer portal

More likely you’re now counting on Wagner to give you 30+ every night at the 2, and then Livers to come back and log major minutes at the 3 and Johns likewise at the 4. Safe to says Terrance Williams now gets backup minutes at the 3/4.

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately I’m already there :slight_smile:

Trying to look on the bright side…i really really believe in Zeb, TWill and Dickinson long term as foundational pieces. They’re gonna get their minutes and I’m excited for it, just not expecting anything more than small glimpses of hope for a few years down the road.

6 Likes

It’s tough because Bajema would have benefitted the most from a summer of Camp Sanderson, but alas. Transfers are the cost of a coaching transition.

If one or two of the transfers had been when Howard was hired and one now no one would bat an eye. Give the kids credit, they tried it out for a coach that didn’t recruit them and then decided to move on.

3 Likes

at least in quantity

So who is going to be that immediately eligible transfer that is going to solve all of our depth issues?!

2 Likes

I would say bumping up Franz and putting Williams in the lineup would’ve been an option also that would have likely kept Cole on the bench

1 Like

The more this is settling in, I think that’s the most likely option. Franz gets 30 minutes at the 2. Livers/Johns/TWill each play 30ish at the 3/4. I don’t feel bad about that at all honestly. But I thought people that would know more than me on this forum were hinting at Livers leaning toward leaving…which would be devastating at this point.

1 Like

Looks like M will be depending on immediate eligiblity passing for transfers if the ncaa board untables the motion for a vote on the 20th.

1 Like

Livers now leaving to go undrafted would top things off. Michigan Basketball offseason has a worst case scenario. Then something 10 times stupider happens.

4 Likes

Watch it get voted down. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah if Livers leaves… I have no idea what kind of basketball the team would play but I don’t think it’d be particularly good. Obviously Franz would be option 1 and 2, and I think Hunter and Smith would be the next highest usage

1 Like

Eli Brooks?

Obviously this reaction isn’t based on the Bajema transfer, but man the outlook for next season has changed drastically in the last month. Went from thinking they could be national title contenders with Christopher, Todd and Livers to being a borderline tournament team. If Livers stays in the draft it will be the final gut punch.

7 Likes

The problem is that lineup requires Franz, Livers and TWill to play a significant chunk of minutes at a position they are less than ideal for, which then makes them less effective on both ends of the court too.

2 Likes

Title contender?

1 Like

Wishing Cole the best wherever he ends up. He seemed like a great kid that could have developed into a very solid contributor had he stayed.

15 Likes

Yup. You don’t think a team of Eli, JC, Franz, Livers, Dickinson, Todd, Smith, Johns, Davis, etc. would have been a title contender? They would have been preseason top 10-15 at a minimum and they’d have as good a roster as almost any in the country for next year combining young elite talent, with experienced returning starters with ability. But alas.

5 Likes

I 100% thought this team with JC/Todd/Livers would be a top 5 team season-long. To just write all this attrition/misses off as “these were always likely” is just such a gut punch, especially if they end up with 2 unused scholarships.

1 Like

I dunno. Point and center seem a bit weak for a title contender. Not to mention JC being a question mark.

He’s definitely the other choice. I think we’re gonna fun a ton of offense thru Hunter in his 20 mins so I think he’ll be high in usage. Then Brooks vs. Smith for next