Chaundee Brown to enter NBA Draft, won't use extra year of eligibility

11 Likes

Thank you, Chaundee…you were a big part of making that year special!

37 Likes

I will always remember Chaundee for his clutch ORebs. He was a perfect fit for this team and we would not hang a banner without him.

31 Likes

Let’s gooo!! Get that $bag$ in the league!!

3 Likes

Troy Weaver loves high motors and long wingspans. So hopefully we see him on the Pistons Summer League roster.

1 Like

3 Likes

What a great addition he was to this team. Let’s hope Coach Howard can get another good guard for next year. Dylan - who are the top guards in the portal that UM is looking at?

Chaundee is an exceptional young man, and one who always played with passion and energy! He was an outstanding teammate and a player who gave his all for Michigan Basketball. He was a joy to watch and he will be missed. I certainly wish him the best, and with his physical attributes and his motor, I believe he can make some money playing the game he loves. My best to you always, Chaundee! We’ll all be cheering for you! :blue_heart:

16 Likes

Go get em Chaundee and make your dream a reality.

1 Like

He would be a nice pickup for the Pistons G League team. He fits the Weaver profile as a 3 and D guy.

2 Likes

I was hoping that Chaundee would enter the draft. I think he may have maximized his efficiency numbers this year and coming back may have dropped them.

Also, I don’t think it’s THAT essential that we have him on the team next year. Brooks and Johns (given his option to transfer) being back are definitely more crucial.

I’ll always wonder if we’d have beat UCLA with him starting ahead of Johns. Would his shooting have opened up the court enough for one of Smith and Wagner to have a decent game and get us to 60 points on offense.

Anyways, great transfer. Excellent 3 and D guy. If Livers had been healthy we might remember him as an all-time college 6th man on a title team. Seems like a guy you’d want associated with the program long-term, too. Selfless and hard-working.

1 Like

On one hand, I agree with your pondering to some degree. On the other, his off ball defense was part of what erased Michigan’s early lead that they got with him on the bench. (I went to the game thread to see if I was misremembering and this was the string of posts)

That’s not to say I didn’t love the guy and I don’t want to move this thread away from what it should be, an appreciation of him. But that game was just ‘One of Those Days’ and I’m not sure starting Brown would’ve been a huge difference, even though he was one of the only players whose offense was actually working in the second half. We actually started it off pretty well, if not ugly, and were up 13-6 more than 10 minutes into the game!

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s true, and he got a healthy number of minutes. Really it might have been a game for Johns-Brown-Wagner-Brooks-Smith as a lineup to get more time considering we scored 49 points and again, Wagner and Smith probably get easier driving lines with more shooting out there. Can’t claim I was screaming for Dickinson to get benched during the game, though, so I’m not mad at Juwan really, just annoyed after seeing Gonzaga struggle so badly against UCLA and then Baylor it’s hard not to think "what if we’d tweaked things a bit " instead of just “Livers wasn’t healthy and our ceiling was Elite 8 or National Semi-final but not really likely to actually win it all”.

2 Likes

I love Chaundee and he meant everything to this team, but those two lapses changed the whole game. I honestly believe we were on our way to a fifteen point lead by about 10 (12?) minutes in up to that point. We were defending UCLA in a way no other team came close to matching and I think they were confused and a little shook.

If you want to look at win expectancy (I don’t all that much because I think the inputs remain very limited), I’m guessing those two 3s were by far the biggest swing. Back in reality, they changed everything.

Whatever, we’re not remotely the same or as good a team without Chaundee, he ultimately played that game with a fearlessness most of our other guys couldn’t match, and we’re not BIG champs without him. Love the guy.

1 Like

Couldn’t be more happy for him!

16 Likes