Caris LeVert inching onto the draft radar

For next year…

LeVert is projected as a second round draft pick in 2015 by @DraftExpress http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015

Yeah, I was discussing this with a few Michigan fans on the RealGM draft forum

Caris is going to be a potential lottery pick if he puts in the work in the offseason. DX tends to take a bit to deflate overhyped HS recruits (Harrison twins) and account for guys like Caris who grew in size and were unheralded (Elfrid Payton, Deleon Wright for example)

Yeah, I was discussing this with a few Michigan fans on the RealGM draft forum

Caris is going to be a potential lottery pick if he puts in the work in the offseason. DX tends to take a bit to deflate overhyped HS recruits (Harrison twins) and account for guys like Caris who grew in size and were unheralded (Elfrid Payton, Deleon Wright for example)

He’s still in the “potential” stage.

If he keeps improving his shot, strength, and defense I think he could be a 1st rounder.
He also turns the ball over a lot.

He has the tools, though, to get the work done.

Caris is a terrific young man with great physical skills and loads of potential but I place little credence in these draft sites. This one can’t even get Caris’ height and weight correct. I really wish we’d stop all this NBA Draft talk, it certainly hasn’t helped GRIII or Nick, either, for that matter. At this point Caris just needs to continue listening to his coaches, work hard, and he will just keep getting better and better. Oh, and ENJOY the process along the way! He’s a special kid and a very good and improving player. Let’s celebrate that!

Caris “turning the ball over a lot” is a pretty big myth.

It’s amazing how this staff can develop players.

Caris doesn’t really turn the ball over excessively, compared to other guys on the team who also handle it a lot, but his ball handling seems a little less polished. He still seems a bit nervous when he’s handling the ball out high, and often seems close to losing control, even if he doesn’t actually. A rough spot that another year will hopefully smooth out. His game doesn’t have glaring flaws, just some things that he needs to take up a notch to be a strong NBA prospect. He certainly has the potential to be first or second team all conference next year.