Caleb Houstan, Franz Wagner in 2022 NBA Mock Draft

Yeah, not sure where else he’d go. 3 through 5 are pretty locked up if the freshmen are as advertised.

Add Hunter too. Chet runs point.

5 Likes

The lineup he’s postulating doesn’t put Franz at the 2 and Chet at the 3–assuming that Hunter is added to that list, it would be Franz at the 1, unless you can suggest someone else from that group you think would be the 1 (I personally can’t think of who that might be). And while I agree that basketball positional flexibility is far greater than in football, and that my analogy is far from perfect, the lineup at issue leaves me scratching my head as to who would be guarding 1s (or 2s for that matter)—in that sense, trying to have a team like that out there might well be like trying to make a lineman into a receiver.

1 Like

Franz is 6-10 with perimeter skills, 19, plays both ends of the court, and shoots well above 80% from FT. The NBA likes all that. I’m assuming he goes.

1 Like

Again, it’s not a lineup that would work. But it’s not even close to equivalent to putting an offensive tackle at quarterback.

clearly “mocked in the 40’s after his junior year” wasn’t his desired outcome.

To be fair this is getting mocked in the 40’s after his junior year, 7 games into his sophomore. There’s still basically 2 full years of basketball before that draft to change his stock.

2 Likes

His point remains the same though. For some reason, it’s always a dream to put out the tallest/longest lineup in the history of man, when it’s probably never happened on a single team. A little hyperbole never hurt anyone.

If I had Chet Holmgren and four Chet Holmgren clones, I would start them all

7 Likes

People on New York sports radio also debated for months if KD, Kyrie, and Zion would be a good fit on the floor for the Knicks.

5 Likes

Sign me up for this

He may mean Chet as the pg.

The way it could happen is if the team has a roster spot or salary cap crunch and agrees to promise Wagner or just take him contingent on him going to Europe for a year, which is still unlikely but it’s definitely gotten some Euros picked a bit higher or picked at all in the case of late 2nd rounders.

I must say that as a former NY, NJ, and Bklyn resident, this made me laugh!