BTT 2023: Michigan vs. Rutgers Open Thread

1 Like

Welp, I’m ready to be hurt again. Hoping for a 2017-style romp through the conference tourney

11 Likes

Let’s Do This! same officials a Badgers-Buckeyes, I presume? Carstensen, Kimble, Dorsey?

I see this game being closer than last meeting. I can’t see Rutgers going 5-16 from the FT line again. Maybe Jett makes a big impact this time since he was hurt last meeting but I would be worried about Jett defensively.

1 Like

Michigan played extremely poorly last game against them tbh. Goal should be 65ish points which should make up for the FT regression to the mean for Rutgers. I expect a close game though because of course, this team will not do it otherwise

2 Likes

Win the game. I’m just not ready for this to be the last meaningful basketball game of the season.

1 Like

Let’s go! Just want a crack at Purdue tomorrow for tournament life

5 Likes

It’s a simple formula: Get to the semis, we should at least be going to Dayton. Anything worse is a death sentence.

First time since 2017 we are the 8 seed. At least this time there weren’t any plane troubles, well reported plane troubles anyway, and they’ll actually be wearing real jerseys this time!

2 Likes

Let’s go blue get that W. Beat Rutgers.

2 Likes

Here we are again with Michigan and Rutgers set to open up Thursday of the Big Ten Tournament at the United Center in the 8-9 game, just like 2020. The bad news is that unlike 2020 Michigan’s place in the NCAA tourney is far from secure. The good news is that I’m not aware of any new global pandemics that threaten to cancel the rest of the season.

4 Likes

Same starters for Michigan: McDaniel, Bufkin, Jett, Tschetter and Dickinson. Derek Simpson gets the start in the backcourt for Rutgers.

Not to beat a dead horse but our 4 is such a black hole

1 Like

Other than Cam Spencer, some very ugly jumpers in Rutgers warmups.

3 Likes

Of course our 8 seed in 2017 turned out pretty well in the end!

As I sit here watching the B1G Pregame Show, I’m reminded of three years ago waiting for our game and watching the pregame show. I KNOW this will be a better outcome than in 2020! Go Blue!!!:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

3 Likes

It’s about to be a stressful 2 hours. Buckle up

Once more into the breach. Let’s get it

3 Likes

I’m at work and can’t watch this one. Bring home a win, guys.

2 Likes