BTN All-Decade Team

Who do you have for player of the decade? Kaminsky?

I can buy that. If that is the case, who is your Player of the Decade?

I think Stauskas makes first team. POY on a big ten championship team, easy money.

I donā€™t think weā€™ll have any active players on the list, so exclude Garza.

That leaves this group:
Green
Kaminsky
Burke
Valentine
Zeller/KBD/Stauskas for two spotsā€¦

Player of the Decade is tough but It think Kaminsky is probably the pick?

Iā€™ll be shocked if they put Stauskas over Winston. I think itā€™s more likely Green, Kaminsky, Burke, Valentine, Zeller and one of them is also POD.

They mentioned there are 16 players on the all-decade team though. If thereā€™s a Player of The Decade thatā€™s not on the 1st Team youā€™ have to say there are 17 players on it, right?

I think you could justify that math in either direction

If active players are excluded that does make it easier. And Stauskas is the easiest to leave off that list, frankly. I agree that you canā€™t have him on first team and Winston on second team.

1 Like

I would have guessed Winston as first team. I think he deserves it.

Yeah any of the Zeller/KBD/Stauskas group over Winston seems nuts. 4-year player, three of his four years were better than any of that groupā€™s 2nd best season. CPOY, first team all conference twice. When I think back on this decade, he is no doubt one of the five players that shaped the conference the most.

2 Likes

I agree that Winston deserves first team.

Also I have a hard time pegging Zeller over Stauskas. I feel like Zellerā€™s freshman year was a better than Nikā€™s (Nik also played on a stacked team). However, Nikā€™s sophomore year was better than Zellerā€™s and also had more accolades to go with it.

In general if Stauskas gets left off, it seems crazy to me that arguably a top 3 team (I can admit bias in top 3 but dont think it is farfetched) in the league over the past decade only had one of the best 15 players.

5 Likes

Forgot all about Evan Turner tooā€¦

1 Like

Lol that any of these guys will be left off while Murphy and Craft make it over them.

Also tough to believe 2013 Indiana deserves three of the top 15 players.

It was a pretty awesome team, though.

1 Like

11-20 being the decade wouldnt have Evan turner right? His last year was 2010

Ah, wasnā€™t sure where they drew the cut off. This is on the BTN site:

So no Garza for sure.

Which means 1st team is for sure:
Draymond
Burke
Valentine
Kaminsky

With Turner, Stauskas, Zeller, battling for the last spot??

Gotta imagine his overlap to the previous decade will leave him off. Similar reason to Garza that you gave

Jajuan Johnson was also an overlap, but had 1 more year in the decade.