Bracket Watch: February 12th, 2019

I’m a longtime component of resume metrics > predictive metrics for tournament seeding. Don’t think stuff like KenPom should be on the teamsheets.

That’s fair and makes sense, but holding to that too strongly puts any mid major at a massive disadvantage. And leads to things like Wichita state getting an 8 seed when they were a top 10 team. Need a sprinkling of advanced metrics imo. Definitely disagree about KenPom not being on the sheet at all

Resume based metrics like Strength of Record and Wins Above Bubble can account for the difficulty of racking up a gaudy record in a mid major conference. End of year KenPom from 2013 (Wichita State F4 year when they were a 9 seed) has Wichita State at 17, BartTorvik’s Wins Above Bubble has them at 20.

The year I was thinking of was 2017 when they were too 10 KenPom and a 10 seed. Does the committee use any of those metrics? They def sound better than just using quadrants

Strength of Record is on the team sheets… But it appears to be completely blank for every team this year?

There have been all sorts of tech issues with that NET site not updating, missing numbers, doesn’t surprise me its broken. It works on some of the old ones.