Big Ten’s top 25 players for 2022-23 season: 5-1

I think Omoruyi and Edey played to a top 25 level last year? But other than that, you’re probably right.

2 Likes

Weren’t there rumblings that Kris was upset w his minutes? He was maybe their 2nd best dude and couldn’t crack 50% of minutes?

As Dylan pointed out, 2.3 fouls in 17 mins is pretty prodigious.

But also seems weird to have Rebraca get more burn

It’s just how Fran plays, he plays lots of guys. Rebraca was the only real big guy they had and the league was loaded with bigs. It makes sense that situationally they’d fit different spots.

It’s just always how Fran operates except for his main guys. He loves to ride an alpha scorer and consistently plays one of the deepest benches in the league.

Kris should be the alpha scorer this year and we know how that works out generally.

Real interesting when you compare sophomore Kris to freshman Keegan:

1 Like

He likes a deep bench to keep legs fresh for their intense pressure defense

6 Likes

Can’t have a Kris Murray breakout year if he plays 30 minutes as a freshman. Couldn’t have a Keegan Murray breakout year unless he played 18 minutes as a freshman to Connor McCaffery’s 22.

1 Like

Murray is projected as a 1st round pick at the moment so I’m not sure why you think he’s too high.

Cause he hasn’t done much to warrant that ranking.

Who would you rank ahead of him?

No clear options. That’s what I meant when I said it’s a testament to the lack of top end talent.

Did I miss Chase Audige?

8 Likes

Right yeah I think the issue is Fran hence Kris being annoyed. I can imagine they had a sit down where they agreed he’d be the guy this year and that worked for both sides.

Jaelin Llewellyn

May want to revisit your top 25 after this big scoop from Rothstein

15 Likes

Palpable Buzz

2 Likes

Deeply entrenched confidantes :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

DECs, buddy. Gotta have 'em.

4 Likes

known friends and trusted confidants

1 Like

Remember on the pod where Dylan said there was negative buzz to keep good players humble and positive buzz to keep fringy players confident

5 Likes

Wasn’t there the same buzz around Terrance last season?

1 Like