Big Ten’s top 25 players for 2020-21: 11-15

This is fair, from an empty calories on a bad team standpoint. But Carr creates his own offense, and everyone prefers 3s and assists to offensive rebounds and put-backs (well, everyone besides the BTN studio lol)

Who’s left for the top ten? Garza, Dosunmu, Potter, Cockburn, Wagner, Livers, Henry, Wieskamp, Jackson-Davis, Williams?

2 Likes

Gotta be it unless there’s a surprise appearance from Tom Izzo’s “best player” last year, Josh Langford.

1 Like

Carr was third team last year and there are only 2 players returning in the league that made first or second team. I don’t think a guy who averages gaudy triple double type stats making first team is that outrageous. Lamar Stevens got the accolades while putting up numbers on bad teams. I realize you are valuing winning players more than stats though for these rankings.

I guess we will see soon who makes your top 5.

And yes I’d take Carr over several of those guys. Put Henry, Potter, Williams, Wieskamp, or Livers on Minnesota instead of Carr and I think that’s a worse team. The PG stirs the drink. And with the reverse, I’d feel a lot more comfortable about Michigan’s team this year with an established proven PG.

[Note: I don’t have that much of an issue with it. Arguably spots #3-14 I could see filling out in almost any order by season’s end. Just having a healthy message board discussion haha]

5 Likes

I would say Carr has a good of shot of being first team as Lamar Stevens did last year, but that actually happened…

Here’s hoping he gets a 7th year, if only for the punchlines available to us.

2 Likes

Do we think 2021 Minnesota will be anywhere close to as good as 2020 Penn State?

No, but i also didnt think Penn State would be in the same tier as Michigan last season but they ended up about the same place in the league’s final standings. Penn State was picked to be about 8th (depending on who you talk to) and wouldnt put Minnesota out of that realm in preseason expectations. They are right in the middle of a muddled big ten IMO. You even claim…

Could Livers and Wagner both be top 5? We shall find out tomorrow. :thinking:

good to very good–struggles with quickness