Big Ten Open Thread: Week of 1/6/13

I agree, they swallowed the whistles for this game. Lots of bodies flying around… then craft bumps Applling (SP?) Tough to get to the line with these Refs…tough to coach, TOMMY WAS NOT HAPPY!

TOs the story of the first half for OSU

Agree, sloppy play, the Craft TO at the end of the half was uncharacteristic of what I saw last year. I miss the half time stats from Dylan, the numbers must be ugly for the half. I think with 4 minutes to play they were both 8-24 from the floor…would love to see those numbers when we play them.

I’ll tell you what, Amir Williams may just occupy space on offense, but that guy is a force on D when he wants to be. We need a player like that in the worst way.

I'll tell you what, Amir Williams may just occupy space on offense, but that guy is a force on D when he wants to be. We need a player like that in the worst way.

“when he wants to be” has always kind of been Amir Williams’ thing.

Agree, sloppy play, the Craft TO at the end of the half was uncharacteristic of what I saw last year. I miss the half time stats from Dylan, the numbers must be ugly for the half. I think with 4 minutes to play they were both 8-24 from the floor.....would love to see those numbers when we play them.
The per possession numbers at halftime were like .9 PPP to .65 PPP. ScaccHoops.com is a great site for tempo free stats live in game. Sometimes botches up but usually pretty solid.
I'll tell you what, Amir Williams may just occupy space on offense, but that guy is a force on D when he wants to be. We need a player like that in the worst way.

“when he wants to be” has always kind of been Amir Williams’ thing.

Kind of sad if true, that kid literally has all the tools to be a GREAT defensive player

MSU fast break points off OSU TOs is the difference in the game. Half court neither team getting much, MSU a bit better from 3 though

OSU just can’t really make anything happen in the halfcourt offense. Watching MSU cut off the baseline drives against Craft makes me think of Michigan games in EL in the past.

What a coincidence - Williams out and Payne goes nuts. Other than Craft, Williams is OSU’s most important player

LaQuinton Ross looks very much like a Michigan player in many ways

Literally Williams checks back in and gets a block and creates a fast break bucket. That dude is instrumental to their defense in every way

OSU is a very bad offensive team.

As much as I hate OSU, and believe me I do, lots of contact not getting called

The top of the big isn’t THAT strong. I could care less what RPI and Kenpom says…

Wisconsin and OSU seem pretty overrated at this point. Not to say those teams aren’t good, but top 5, I think not

Geez Williams is a good defender

Williams again, that guy is an absolute monster on D

MSU is a great transition team, they make teams pay for TOs

Bleeding the clock and playing conservative is sure fire way to give away a game you should win.