Big Ten Open Thread: Week of 1/13

Still feel confident at IU?

I don’t see why we wouldn’t have a chance to win? Probably IU’s best effort and they won by 3 and Wisconsin still had a chance to win.

I don’t see why we wouldn’t have a chance to win? Probably IU’s best effort and they won by 3 and Wisconsin still had a chance to win.

No doubt we have a chance, but like I said before IU is a bad matchup for us - Great rebounding team and lightning quick guard vs an undersized team that is pathetic in terms of perimeter defense. I actually like our chances of beating Wisconsin better than IU. Better matchup for us in all areas.

No doubt we have a chance, but like I said before IU is a bad matchup for us - Great rebounding team and lightning quick guard vs an undersized team that is pathetic in terms of perimeter defense. I actually like our chances of beating Wisconsin better than IU. Better matchup for us in all areas.

You’re forgetting the other end of the floor. IU isn’t going to stop us, either. I’d be depressed if we don’t get better with our perimeter defense by Feb 2nd. I’m sure both games against Wisconsin and IU will come down to the wire.

I think you better prepare for depression my friend.

I think you better prepare for depression my friend.

LOL. Indiana’s defense grades even worse so that’ll cheer me up some.

We really need to get our wings/guards into camps where other coaches can coach up defensive fundamentals over the summer. Irvin and LeVert have the tools to be ELITE defenders and it’s going to go to waste. Shame.

Levert does have the tools in terms of lateral movement and length but Zak doesn’t appear to have good lateral movement to be honest.

Levert does have the tools in terms of lateral movement and length but Zak doesn't appear to have good lateral movement to be honest.

He plays upright. Defensive fundamentals.

“IU has no chance.”

guestavo, maybe come off the definitives like “NONE” and “No chance.”

"IU has no chance."

I don’t necessarily think he thought that highly of UW, I think it was more of an indictment on. IU.

That being said, UW is one of the most overrated teams in the country in my opinion, I’ve been hinting at that for that last week or so

"IU has no chance."

No. It’s ok to be wrong and it’s fun to have a definitive opinion.

Only 6 TOs tonight and improved play by Walton. It really hurts us only having a single game each against NU and PSU. It will be very difficult to beat Wisky Saturday IMO, as that place is a house of horrors for us. Expect us to have a difficult time stopping their execution and keeping our poise in front of that rabid crowd. But stranger things have happened!

"IU has no chance."

Having a definitive opinion is fine. Stating your opinion as it is fact is douchebagery.

"IU has no chance."

Having a definitive opinion is fine. Stating your opinion as it is fact is douchebagery.

Who stated anything as fact? Obviously the game hadn’t happened so it can’t be fact. I shouldn’t have to preface everything as an opinion on a messageboard when that’s a given…

"IU has no chance."

I don’t necessarily think he thought that highly of UW, I think it was more of an indictment on. IU.

That being said, UW is one of the most overrated teams in the country in my opinion, I’ve been hinting at that for that last week or so

someone get this man a cookie!

"IU has no chance."

Do you agree or disagree?

"IU has no chance."

Agree you need a cookie for “calling it”

Disagree on overrated. Mostly because at this point, I’m not sure who would be better. Also because by the end of the year, I think they’ll stay a Top 5 team with their easy schedule (OSU and MSU 1x and both at home). From what I’ve seen so far, I think they win the Big 10 and don’t lose more than 4.

"IU has no chance."

Disagree on overrated. Mostly because at this point, I’m not sure who would be better. Also because by the end of the year, I think they’ll stay a Top 5 team with their easy schedule (OSU and MSU 1x and both at home). From what I’ve seen so far, I think they win the Big 10 and don’t lose more than 4.

Great prediction - do you want a cookie if UW wins the Big Ten?

I hesitate to disagree for fear that the almighty JBlair may scrutinize my argumentative nature.

"IU has no chance."

Great prediction - do you want a cookie if UW wins the Big Ten?

I hesitate to disagree for fear that the almighty JBlair may scrutinize my argumentative nature.

well…you already disagreed based on the stance in your original point…so yeah.

And I’ll pass on the cookie, I’m not one to say “I told you so”.

cracks open a bag of Oreos just re-reading that line about tougher skin

Anyway: Iowa worries me the most with their depth and size. I’m hoping we can split 1-1 with them. That’s the team I don’t want to face in the BTT.

Sarcasm aside - so you basically agree with me that Iowa is our worst matchup? That’s my take on it.

MSU is our worst matchup imo

Dangerous in transition, much like Iowa but Harris/Appling penetration is more of a concern than the Iowa ballhandlers