Big Ten Discussion

Large part of Illinois’ game too actually.

1 Like

It is a virtual lock that we will get IU’s best game of the season on Friday. Assembly is almost as bad as the Trohl Center.

Agree. Wasn’t being pessimistic when I was saying that we were gonna get their best shot. They are desperate for a win and a bounce back game to turn the season around. What can be better than beating a top 5 national team that is also a in conference foe that is not playing even close to their best basketball? Perfect recipe for an upset. But hopefully Michigan can play like they did vs Indiana initially or like the Providence, UNC, Nova games. If so, we should be fine but that’s a big question mark currently.

1 Like

Only one Burger Boy headed to the Big Ten

Rocket Watts, DJ Carton and Keion Brooks all could be Big Ten guys that get left off if Keion chooses MSU or IU. I personally think if I was a voter those 3 would’ve gotten my vote.

Spread on the MSU Iowa game tonight has jumped from MSU -4.5 to -6.5 over the past 12 hours or so. I smell a blowout.

1 Like

This is why I don’t gamble.

2 Likes

so little activity in this thread seems weird…do folks think that msu is just toying with iowa right now or is there an upset brewing? Ward already with 3 fouls but Cassius looks poised to make a move once it gets down to the crunch.

When you get a nearly 40% FTA/FGA advantage on the road >>>>

3 Likes

Very impressed with Iowa in the first half. Don’t know if they have the bench or stamina to hang with MSU for the entire game. If they make enough 3s they could have a shot.
MSU really pushes the tempo and Izzo has done a good job using the bench to keep players fresh.

Cook is going to be a matchup nightmare for us.

Is MSU is actually better (offensively) without Langford? Seems like the offense flows better without him, giving more shots to Winston, Ward, and open 3 point shooters. Langford always seems to take 2-3 contested long two pointers per game.

1 Like

Well, that was fun while it lasted.

Iowa pulled an Iowa in big games and fell apart fast between the 14 and 8 minute mark.

MSU seems much better at putting teams away when they have them on the ropes than Michigan is.

1 Like

MSU with 16 pt lead late, 13 pt margin at the line, despite 13 turnovers.

MSU’s offensive efficiency is so impressive. Maybe last year’s team would have been different if Winston was more ball dominant.

We all like Simpson, but it’s easy to see why Winston was our number one PG recruit for 3+ years.

2 Likes