Big Ten Discussion

He was zero for six from the floor.

And still 46% on the year.

1 Like

I haven’t watched much of Ohio State other than the MSU game and non-conference play…but I am shocked they started 2-4 in conference. They have looked pretty dang impressive every time I’ve watched them. Is the Holtmann hype dying down a little bit now? Is somebody hurt? Is Maryland just really really good? If so, do we owe Mark Turgeon an apology? A 14 point home loss shocked me in that game

3 Likes

I lost a small bet on Ohio st tonight, pretty shocked they didn’t bounce back tonight. Maybe Maryland is much better than I thought.

1 Like

Teams loading up to deny/stop Wesson. Bucks have limited perimeter threats besides Washington Jr. Book is out on them now.

2 Likes

Indiana is in the midst of a 6/8 games stretch on the road. Already lost first home game (Nebraska) and Michigan is the other.

That is a brutal schedule.

and 42% FG% on the year. He’ll hit one stray 3 on us and try to draw charges, but he’s still option 4 or 5 on offense.

I don’t think this should affect anyone’s opinion of Holtmann - he has a track record of success and this roster isn’t very good at all.

But hopefully it does. We don’t need Holtmann building a monster roster down in Columbus. If he fails to qualify for the tournament and loses some recruiting momentum I’ll consider that good news. It hurt when he stole Carton and they’re in on plenty of other recruits that Michigan is also interested in.

2 Likes

All good points, I wonder if Castleton and John’s develope faster in the MIchigan system or playing for a team like NW who struggle for success. I do believe that practicing everyday against great players increases the rate of development. It’s tough for FR to sit and watch but I wonder if there’s analytics that track this?

This will be an awesome month in the B1G! Who gets better by March? Let the speration from the pack begin. Touch every line!!

Indiana is +9 at Purdue today???

+330 on the ML if ya got a feeling

1 Like

Lost to Purdue today. Next they’re @N’W, Michigan, @Rutgers, @MSU. Could find themselves in the wrong side of the bubble very soon.

I’m thinking Minnesota covers the -4 tonite at home vs Penn State. Even after getting blitzed by Illinois.

Agreed, I’m liking it.

Stewart picks Washington.

MICHIGAN STATE

STING FACTOR: 9

This one hurts pretty bad. Stewart was a long-time priority of the Spartans and it only makes things worse that he was the final big man prospect left on their board. The loss of Stewart puts greater emphasis on a strong offseason of development with

Marcus Bingham

Thomas Kithier

and

Xavier Tillman

. Michigan State will likely need to dive into the grad-transfer market in order to add to its frontcourt. While Stewart’s commitment to Washington does sting pretty harshly, there is still enough talent on paper for the Spartans to compete for a Big Ten title next season.

4 Likes