Big Ten Discussion

Ugh. Gross. Those shots along with Evan Turner were devastating.

2 Likes

That was the ā€œDeath To Backboardsā€ game. Crisler was electric for that entire possession and then went dead silent aside from the Wisconsin players and fans. Just brutal.

That was a long, rough drive back home to the west side.

2 Likes

I thought that shot buried Michiganā€™s tournament hopes too. I was devastated.

2 Likes

JMo was there for all of them

EDIT: Wait no, thatā€™s Trice.

Davison was born to play 4 years at Wisconsin.

5 Likes

Just another in a long line of annoying Wisconsin guards.

1 Like

I thought our first loss was going to be at Wisconsin. After watching this team tonight Iā€™m changing that to at Indiana.

4 Likes

our game at Kohl will be dumb, guaranteed

5 Likes

Does anyone remember how Teske handled guarding Happ last year? If he can guard him solidly without a double team, Iā€™m not sure how Wisconsin scores points

Painter might be putting a data point in the ā€œfoulā€ category. And he did.

That win was huge for Purdue but also very helpful for Michigan. Thank you, Boilers.

I feel like Livers and Johns would be better defensively on Happ. Heā€™s closer to a Juwan Morgan mold in that he can take bigs off the dribble pretty well and Teske and Davis struggled defending that vs Indiana. Although Happ doesnā€™t shoot 3s

Wisky will be a game where Davis 5 fouls come in handy

1 Like

Teske handles ISO situations pretty well in my opinion. Gave up .875 PPP versus Morgan according to the Mgoblog breakdown from today.

I think Happ will just bully Livers and Johns pretty easily to get to his spots. Iā€™m sure they wonā€™t get roasted, but Happ just keeps working until he gets to his spot directly in the middle and just throws up his hook. Teskeā€™s size, lateral agility, and general defensive ability make him a good matchup, IMO.

1 Like

Looking at these highlights, Happ destroyed Teske last year:

I feel like Dylan/every reader on this blog keeps waiting for teams to foul X and put him at the line, to close out games. But it hasnt happened yet. Iā€™d think the Michigan staff is smart enough to hack Happ if we find ourselves down with 3 minutes left.

5 Likes

Thanks Reegs, what a great shooting team we had last season! Ethan Haap is a good player and gets to the rack with ease. I donā€™t know if Teske can slow him down but Big John is better than he was. Iā€™ll be watching to see if Charles or others can help out on the backside of the playā€¦should be a great game. IMO you let him get his twoā€s and shut down the three ball.

Teske is moving his feet on defense much better this year than he did in that video, so hopefully that will make a bit of a difference. But Happ is tough.

Watching that, itā€™s always remarkable how much body contact Wisconsin gets away with at home.

1 Like