Big Ten Discussion

Davison is one weird dude. What a weird foul with a grab of the groin in OT.

1 Like

Had a kid on my high school team that did something similar in a game. Donā€™t know what gets into people sometimes. Hope he gets suspended

1 Like

He should be, agreed. Not going to go slow that one down but sure looked like he tried to grab too, which is what I thought is weird. Didnā€™t look like a punch, which is weird in and of itself. (And extremely cheap)

1 Like

Marquetteā€™s Markus Howard took 30 shots today - made 7. His teammates took 36. They win in OT.

Ethan Happ made 16 FGs - his teammates 11.

I donā€™t follow Wisconsin recruiting but are they going to be bad-to-awful next year? That team is Ethan Happ with Trice mixed in. Seems like thatā€™s literally it.

They have Taylor Currie

10 Likes

Ah thatā€™s right, thanks. Canā€™t see him doing much to make them a tourney team next year though. Have to imagine itā€™s a big step back and a hope he developes to take a step forward in two years.

Nebraska might be the most bipolar basketball team Iā€™ve seen in my memory. A powerhouse at home and a mini mouse on the road. Only way youā€™d recognize the team at each venue is the name on the jerseys.

2 Likes

I think Wisconsin does too much through Happ to the detriment of the team sometimes. Happ is not a guy Iā€™d want to have that much usage on my team. He doesnā€™t have great touch around the rim, heā€™s a poor foul shooter, and heā€™s limited athletically. Both he and Wisconsin would be better if Happ were asked to do less. Great complimentary player but not a guy to carry a team, which unfortunately he asked to do too often.

1 Like

The problem is the rest of their team is even worse complimentary players. Trice is playing really well so far this year, helping carry the load. Is Trice a go-to all year though? Guess weā€™ll see and credit to him if he is. I just see no promise for that team after Happ leaves.

I like our chances and match ups against Wisconsin, but with our issues at the 5 if Teske were to get into foul trouble, I donā€™t like our options against Happ.

1 Like

I just get worried about that home whistle in Madison. Thatā€™ll be a toss-up!

2 Likes

Forget about it Jake, itā€™s the Kohl Center.

1 Like

Carsen Edwards going absolutely bananas on ESPN against Texas. Purdue up 2 with 6:30 left

1 Like

Has 28 in the second half and 40(!!) for the game. 1 point game with 33 sec left.

1 Like

Painter screaming ā€œthatā€™s terribleā€ on the no foul callā€¦I was thinking ā€œthatā€™s terribleā€ that he didnā€™t call timeout immediately after the ball got out of Carsenā€™s hands with 8 seconds left

Purdue has made a ton of mistakes down the stretch. I agree with Painter that that was a foul on the Texas big, though. Wasnā€™t in legal guarding position, back turned to the ball handler, Wheeler.

Weird, weird play. Definitely kind of got screwed, but I donā€™t feel like Painter covered himself in glory down the stretch, either. Purdue off to a pretty lousy start this year, really was hoping they would pull that out.

1 Like

Painter canā€™t call timeout, fwiw. Has to communicate to his team and get someone to call timeout.

Also seemed like a pretty clear foul to me, but Iā€™m just a guy.

Brad Davison really isnā€™t helping his rep, is he? First all the charge calls, now heā€™s punching people in their nether-regions.

1 Like