Big Ten Discussion

Iowa and OSU might both jump into the rankings

And Indiana.

Big Ten looks vastly, vastly improved. Every time I watch a Big Ten team play they’re putting in on the opposition. Respected opposition, too.

3 Likes

The tldr: Watts didn’t sign when he said he would; there is considerable speculation that he looking elsewhere bc of family pressure; Jake Weingarten then tweets this:

Maryland with four cupcake victories so far, as Anthony Cowan is now 7-30 from three.

In a few years Michigan is going to lose to an Iowa team that features five of Fran McCaffery’s sons in their starting lineup.

7 Likes

Don’t blame him for looking around. Other than playing close to home, I would think he could find a better program for his skill set and future plans. I see MSU basketball as a stagnant, at best, to a declining program.

Speculation is that Rocket wants MSU but family does not. Where have we seen that before?

3 Likes

At latest count, 12 Big Ten teams in Ken Pom top 50.

Heard his dad was a Michigan fan and wanted him to commit to Michigan for awhile but others in Rocket’s circle wanted him to go to MSU or wait. He has too many people pulling him in different directions and with their own agendas. Part of the problem is Rocket’s dad lives in atlanta I think so he didn’t have as strong of a word as many of the others in the circle.

1 Like

Kids should always go where they really want to. Obviously parents and other key adults in their lives should process it with them, go through the pros and cons and such, but ultimately the kid has to live with the decision the rest of their life. If he goes where his parents want and it flames out, he’ll always be slightly resentful about it and parents will feel bad. If he flames out where he wanted to go, it’s a lot easier to live with for all parties. JMO

2 Likes

Apparently this was called a flagrant 1 foul on Brad Davison:

This has gotten out of hand already.

1 Like

Is Bart saying this was called ON Davidson? Davidson was called for a foul? A hook and hold foul? If that’s the case I hate the emphasis on hook and hold even more. Again, and you can still hate Izzo and agree with me here, Izzo says the officials are being evaluated on whether or not they are making these calls. He also says that this kind of officiating is slowing down the game. If this was called as a flagrant one for a “hook and hold” allegedly perpetrated by Davidson, then the officials must have stopped the game and watched the play on the monitor. Not only did it slow down the game, they then went on to make a stupid call. Again, I’m not trying to start an argument, it’s just mind boggling to me.

3 Likes

Yep. Davison was called for a flagrant one.

Just sad. I don’t know why they are trying to screw up a great game!

The defender was called for the initial foul and then Davison was called for a flagrant. I don’t even know what led them to do a video review of it.

Providence shot 30% on twos and 22% on threes in the first half.

2 Likes

Indiana has looked great to start the season. Now we will see how they look on the road.

Very excited for the Romeo Langford v CM battle. Probably the 2 best athletes in the conference?