Big Ten Discussion

Zavier Simpson is 1-15 on his last 3 point attempts. Trae Young is 0-16 on his. Talk about slumps.

2 Likes

This Trae Young thing is getting old. He takes a ton of bad shots and puts his team in bad positions. Thatā€™s on the coach though. I do believe, however, the media can create a monster. Beware of the one year players.

2 Likes

MSU is more likely to go to the Final Four than Purdue, imo

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t necessarily agree with that. I think it is a pretty close call. Letā€™s see how they do in the B1G Tournament.

1 Like

Clearly, the teams they face off against are gonna have a say. Iā€™ve been more impressed by Purdue myself, but I can see how if all of that talent on MSU starts producing. . . they could go the distance in what looks like a weak field.

Michigan Stateā€™s 2 point defense is insane. They went through a lull around the Michigan game and everyone jumped off the bandwagon. Obviously theyā€™re no lock to go to the Final Four, but I think they have as good a chance as any team in the country. Iā€™m already envisioning them winning the B1G tourney and every commentator on ESPN picking them to win the Championshipā€¦ barf

The last time that happened, Giddy Potts got in the way.

7 Likes

And Deyonta Davis played a whopping 15 minutes. Hereā€™s to hoping for a similar recipe for Jaren Jacksonā€™s postseason playing time.

3 Likes

Jaren Jackson playing just over half of games does seem a little crazy. I guess itā€™s more than Nick Ward, at least.

Purdue is more consistent that MSU but MSU probably has the higher ceiling. I could see MSU getting upset early more than Purdue, but MSU might have the better chance of winning the whole thing if they get there

2 Likes

if you can keep your best players on the bench for Kenny Goins and Gavin Schilling, you have to do it.

8 Likes

Jaren Jackson is light years better than deyonta davis.

2 Likes

Agreed. And yet hes still averaging just 22.5 minutes per game. Although to be fair part of that is due to his tendency to foul.

I just canā€™t help myself with the playing time jokes when Schilling and Goins average 24 minutes combined.

They averaged 26 minutes combined the year Deyonta Davis averaged 19 minutes per game. Itā€™s hilarious to me

Bryant Mcintosh let us down last night. I like Michigan-Iowa over 146 tonight.

1 Like

Well my OSU winning at Penn St thoughts sure donā€™t look good right now. Penn St jumping all over them so far.

Wisconsin beats Purdue. Wow

2 Likes

Makes me sad thinking we were a Charles Matthew turnover away from a win at home and a few possessions from winning at Purdue. I truly believe we are better than every team in the big ten besides MSU when Duncan is hitting shots. We even beat MSU but I feel they are better. Hats off to OSU for winnng as many games as they have, on a neutral court Iā€™d take us over every team except probably MSU.

Makes me sad thinking we were a Charles Matthew turnover away

You mean ā€œa really, really long video review on an iffy play awayā€ā€¦

7 Likes

Lol so true. Iā€™m almost to the point where we should just stick with the call made. I canā€™t stand super long reviews.

So the top 6 teams in the Big Ten are MSU, OSU, Purdue, Nebraska, Michigan and Penn State. Spartansā€™ seeding issues stem from the fact that theyā€™ve played the other 5 teams once with 4 of those 5 games at home. Only road game was a loss at Ohio State.

4 Likes