Big Ten Discussion

Rough pressed for Izzo. Knows what answers he has to give for legal reasons but you can tell he wants to say something else. https://twitter.com/josh_stirn/status/957713285360517120

1 Like

Izzo does not look like a guy who wants to say something else. He looks like a guy who is struggling to control himself when people actually confront him.

7 Likes

I don’t want to argue about the upside of young men who are all learning to play the game. You win, you’re my hero!

I keep wondering who we want to win certain games. I was rooting for Purdue here - I really feel the win at Sparty and playing two of the better games of the CBB season against Purdue could do us a world of good on Selection Sunday if we can take care of business down the stretch. But did I have my rooting interest wrong?

Entertaining game today. Baffled, though, as to how CBS thinks a 12-10 is on the bubble? WTH is that?

Exactly. He would love to try and explain himself (even though I doubt his explanation would be sufficient/valid for suppressing any pressure on him), but he has been told he can’t say too much. But he put his foot in it anyway.

It was hard to see us losing by 20 to Nebraska anywhere, too. This team is going to struggle against just about everyone.

That was brutal to watch. Not good body language for Izzo. All the while say he will cooperate he is shaking his head no.

2 Likes

That last question hit him hard. He looks like a guy with a guilty conscience. I thought he was going to break down.

I actually had a bad feeling about that Nebraska game. It came at a tough point in the schedule.

2 Likes

How on earth can you say “this team is going to struggle against just about anyone”… you know we are ranked right? Did we struggle at the Bres against MSU? Are you considering close wins against Texas, UCLA and Maryland as games that we “struggled”? Those to me are gritty wins against good teams.

If you want to say “this team could lose to anyone on any given night”, I’ll agree with you. Nebraska and LSU are two examples of that. But this team is ahead of schedule in terms of success. It should have been a bubble year and at the moment, it’s not. Saying we WILL struggle in every game is nonsensical, particularly coming off of two games where we just played the #3 team in the country as tough as anyone has all year.

7 Likes

Michigan’s margin of victories in wins, working backwards: 15, 1, 10, 10, 7, 14. In four of those games, UM never led by less than 7 in the final 10 minutes. The losses include two to the #3 kenpom team in the land (one on the road) and another to the #15 kenpom team on the road, plus one on the road to the 62 kenpom team (#65 rpi, so still a quadrant one game).

UM may lose a bunch of its remaining games, but there are good reasons to think it will do well against the remaining and generally weaker portion of its big ten schedule.

7 Likes

LOL. Where did you come from bro? Your analysis on this thread is absurd.

“struggle against just about everyone”?

Possible, I suppose. But your certainty in this conclusion is truly baffling. More importantly, Ken Pom disagrees and all hail the powerful Ken Pom.

4 Likes

For those that don’t know, Brenda Tracy is a rape survivor that talks to Title IX departments at NCAA schools, along with teams and coaches about how to handle these situations and educating athletes on consent and such.

Not surprised. I see lots of victim blaming rhetoric amongst men in many industries.

4 Likes

Ignore the troll. Every response gives that poster a chance to keep riling the board up; ignore and move on.

5-3 appears the most likely scenario for UM the final 8 games of the regular season, but 6-2 is slightly more likely than 4-4. Until UM proves it can consistently put 40 minutes together on the road, it is difficult to see better than .500 play away from home — plus playing 2 teams Senior Night games as the road team is a challenge.

Was that in your original post? I didn’t see it.

The only struggle I perceive is your attempt to rationalize your unsubstantiated opinion. At least make an argument.

How many easy wins have we had in the Big Ten? None. We’ve struggled to break out even against the weakest teams on our schedule.

So you call me a “troll” while reaching conclusions that are not too different from mine. Some people would call that a difference of opinion, and not “trolling”.

What the hell is going on here?

Vs. Indiana by 14
Vs. Illinois by 10
@ MSU by 10
Vs. Rutgers by 15

I mean damn, are we supposed to beat everyone by 20+? I truly don’t understand what you expect us to do.

12 Likes

We’ve had 4 double digit wins in conference play. The Iowa game, we were controlling the whole way and only got to single digits late. MSU was tight until we went on a run with under 10 minutes to go. So I’d say 4 easy wins (whatever that means). Several of which were against bottom feeders (Rutgers, Illinois, Iowa)

2 Likes