Big Ten Discussion

Texas had no idea how to attack MSU in the second half. It was really pathetic. And on defense, they kept giving up open shots to Winston and Langford. MSU didn’t run anything sophisticated, just screens by the bigs out high,

1 Like

It’s a legit question. UCLA has been searching for a while but I never thought Alford was the answer. He’s always been a terrible coach. You could see his terribleness slowing dragging down his Iowa program from decent to mediocre to worse than that. UCLA still has crazy cache and resources. They could do a lot better than a guy who gets whipped on the X’s and O’s pretty much whenever it counts.

I also think Shaka is pretty terrible. His offenses are abominations. It’s done, it’s over, but it’s still annoying that Bamba went there and was predictably squandered.

1 Like

It’s crazy because when you look at their team talent wise it should be a very good team.

Had to figure Langford would come into his own eventually. Too talented not to.

State should be very tough this year. They might be the toughest out after all in the conference.

So uh, basketball!

10 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: North Carolina at Michigan Discussion Thread

Football was clearly a pleasant illusion of smoke and mirrors until today. Now we can concentrate on hoops.

The trick is to ONLY concentrate on basketball so you never get let down.

But yeah, UNC’s interior depth gives me positive vibes but they’re a pretty solid team overall. Cam Johnson from deep has been real good.

3 Likes

brutal …

As funny as it is to call us a basketball school, it still hurts. I try to separate the two sports when it comes to this site, but wow was that a depressing game. I don’t think you can understate how big of a letdown that was.

1 Like

Am I missing something on Iowa? Haven’t watched them a ton, but no way they’re the third best team in the conference in my mind. Kenpom has them as the 8th best Big Ten team. Seems weird.

Beat two solid to good teams on national TV on a neutral floor when there weren’t that many other games.

Bigger joke is Maryland being ranked IMO.

4 Likes

At this point it’s probably easier just to list teams that haven’t lost than bother examining things too closely. Iowa does seem fairly deserving, though that might be a bit high.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Michigan ranked 4th in initial NET Ranking release

Iowa has looked pretty good imo. I’ve watched them 2 or 3 times. Haven’t seen Maryland. I personally think Purdue doesn’t look that good outside of Carsen Edwards. Wisconsin looks solid to me but are similar to Purdue. They go through Happ big time but got good players that play off him well and can go off if Happ is getting played through. I think Wisconsin’s player’s are better than Purdue’s outside the star player for each team.

Maryland’s played nobody yet. Marshall is solid, but they haven’t played anyone themselves. Their next game against Virginia and the two Big Ten games will be better measures of the team.

1 Like

I’m high on them. They have at least one big win. Cook, Moss, Garza, bohannon, weiskamp and Baer is pretty damn good imo. I might be missing one or two guys as well.

1 Like

How much longer are Marylands fans going to put up with Turgeon? That’s got to be as frustrating of a team to root for as our football team.

They have been a bit preoccupied with football scandals.

1 Like