Big Ten Discussion

As far as that, Bridges has basically already been ruled out for the Minnesota game.

Probably right, but we’ll see - and we know that foot/ankle injuries don’t always clear up so smoothly or quickly.

It will but they’re going to have to prove a lot in the Big 10. 7-5 with no big wins and a bad loss aren’t helping any.

Any predictions on how we’ll do with the Big 10 schedule? We’re sitting at 10-3 non-conf.

Home: Penn St, Maryland, Nebraska, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio St, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Purdue
Away: Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan St, Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers, Northwestern, Nebraska

I’m going to guess 11-7 to finish pre-BTT 21-10.
H) PSU, Mary, Neb, Illinois, OSU, MSU, Wisc (7-2)
A) Iowa, Illinois, Rutgers, Nebraska (4-5)

13-5. Losses to IU, Wisc, Purdue at home, Wisconsin and IU on the road. Sweep Sparty. We’re in the thick of the B1G race all season but ultimately fall short with an 0-5 record against the top 3 teams.

23-8 going into big ten tourney. 25-9 after a couple wins. 6 seed in the tourney

I’m gonna guess 7-11 with wins over Penn State, Nebraska home and away, Rutgers, Illinois at home and away, and Maryland.

Minnesota is a 6.5 favorite over Michigan State tonight. I think I like Minnesota at home here. It’d be a huge confidence booster for the Gophers and potentially another blow to what looks like could become a lost season for Sparty.

3 Likes

Man, Nick Ward is a straight up cheater in all facets. Perfect player for sociopath Izzo to mentor.

Ward is gonna be a problem

He will destroy Wagner.

Wagner will probably have a good game offensively against him too…

1 Like

He has some very good low post skills but he has elite level flops and cheats.

Tom Izzo with 6.5 points against Richard Pitino is about the easiest money you can make.

Could end up being a very important win for MSU

1 Like

They’re so lucky Pitino doesn’t know how to coach offense. That second half was so brutal, and didn’t get a single good look in the clutch.

You seriously think we’re going 7-11 in conference play?

Can’t see that happening with the overall quality of the league and our returning experience. Barring a major injury.

If it somehow does, the heat turns up big time on JB.

MSU gets so lucky. All I wanted for Christmas was no Sparty bowl game and no NCAA tourney. Was that too much to ask?

Let’s be fair: FTAs were 45-22 in Minnesota’s favor. State’s best player missed the game. State didn’t get lucky.

Minnesota showed a lot, though. They’ve obviously come a long, long way from where they were last season. What we continue to see is that there are a lot more wild cards this season than last—Minnesota is viable, Northwestern might be tournament-caliber, MSU could be much tougher later than they are now, etc. Very few games look like an automatic win or loss.

1 Like

That’s not really a luck/non luck thing. Minnesota gets to the free throw line a lot, Michigan State doesn’t.

But silly to say that MSU got lucky… More that Izzo is just going to beat Richard Pitino in most of those situations.

Agree—I just meant that one can’t say State benefited from the whistle.