Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Oh god don’t threaten me with a good time

1 Like

I mean I think the stage at MSU is definitely bigger, and he played for a coach who…could challenge one’s confidence

But at Davidson the whole thing is basically on his shoulders (his usage is close to 30 I think), which is its own sort of pressure. So…in a way yes in a way no?

I’m not arguing he was a good player at MSU but I think a healthy 3rd, 4th, and 5th year Loyer is a real big ten player.

1 Like

Excellent points all around. I guess the test question would be, “Would you take Foster Loyer at Michigan right now?” I’d say yes.

3 Likes

I think it’s fair to say Foster found his level. But I do think 4th and 5th year Foster could be a useful B1G player in the right situation

2 Likes

Watching Arizona is giving bad flashbacks to the beating they put on us last year. They are long and athletic. I shudder to think how we would handle them on the boards this year.

Losing Koloko and then just rolling out his backup to average a 19/11 is a nice luxury

5 Likes

Best part about this for me is that his backup (Ballo) didn’t transfer; stuck it out for a year as a backup and is now a plus starter.

2 Likes

Well he transferred in to follow Lloyd from Gonzaga right (where he’d presumably still be backing up Timme)

2 Likes

Ha. Seems there’s a transfer somewhere in everyone’s past.

It’s funny, I was looking at the RSCI rankings from current juniors last night (I was curious how Kerr Kriisa made the list despite not being a domestic recruit) and their site lists all schools the players attended - I’d guess at least half the top 100 is in their second school right now, and the vast majority who are not have already left college.

It REALLY drove home the degree to which high school recruiting is diminishing in importance.

Maryland cruising at .33 PPP against Tennessee :nauseated_face:

1 Like

An hour later and they’re cresting 0.5ppp, not great

The offense in this game is not great but both teams are playing hard and physical

2 Likes

It’s really fun that Chucky Hepburn has just stolen Brad Davison’s shooting splits

1 Like

That’s what happens when you shoot 2/24 from 3. Reminds me of . . . a few games Michigan has had in the past.

3 Likes

Vintage Fran meltdown about to cost Iowa the game

Now Fran, just don’t do something really stupid. T’s are one thing, but he is at Francon 3 and descending.

His team is doing enough stupid for him by just jacking 3s and Tony Perkins being awful

1 Like

Wisconsin lost to Wake at home and now is about to follow that with wins @Marquette, vs. Maryland, and @Iowa. Albeit Iowa without Keegan Murray. Although Iowa without Keegan Murray just blew out Iowa State

1 Like

You know, I kind of miss Jordan Bohannon. He could shoot Iowa back into - or out of - almost any situation.