Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I have a feeling MSU blows out Brown today. MSU by 70.

The AD should suspend Underwood for a game. It deserves something.

3 Likes

Howā€™d ya like to have Underwood and Bielema as your major sports coaches.

1 Like
8 Likes

Felt like had his brother not been so bad at msu he would of been ranked way higher

1 Like

I have a tough time getting behind that theory haha. Fletcher is much larger. Michigan and Purdue were his only B1G offers.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure Foster Loyer would be a very useful B10 player right now too

The guy has shot 43% on 230 threes since he got to Davidson

1 Like

We could use him

1 Like

Fletcher Loyer season shooting percentages:

Overall - 42/111 38%
3 PT. - 22/64 34%

3 Likes

Indiana went down 19 and it might be tied at halftime

1 Like

Davison and the A-10 seem a much better fit for the elder Loyer. He only shot 31% on 109 attempts in his three years at MSU. Did Izzo scream at him much? I donā€™t remember.

1 Like

Watching the first half while I wait for Celtics-Warriors. I really like the way Arizona plays. Fast paced but never seem out of control.

1 Like

Or they could be down 10

1 Like

Arizona is scary. Honestly, IU is doing well to get within 10 at the half. Arizona has so much length, athleticism, shooting and a great PG. A Final Four team, IMO.

2 Likes

Race Thompson is 3/4 from 3 and theyā€™re still down 10. Doesnā€™t seem good

2 Likes

I mean the arc isnā€™t closer in the A10, other than having a shoulder injury tank his shooting in his final year, his main obstacle was defense. I donā€™t think heā€™d be an even ok defender at this level now, but if he shoots as well as he has (and mostly off the dribble!), I think that would play most places.

But be shot 36% not 31% at MSU

I also think itā€™s likely heā€™s improved in the last two years

1 Like

I would murder for Kerr Kriisa

1 Like

safe to say Indiana has acquitted itself against the Vegas Arizona monster better than we did

2 Likes

Kriisa has a little Marshall Henderson in him :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

You are right - my bad; I forgot to add the made threes his freshmen year.

You bring up an interesting point. I think Foster Loyer has an excellent shooting stroke. (He was one of the best shooters in Michigan high school basketball.) But even though ā€œ3 point defenseā€ is supposedly random, there is certainly a difference between defenders at different levels of basketball. Itā€™s why, when someone is shooting 43% at, say, Concordia - Ann Arbor and someone says, ā€œHeā€™s such a great shooter. He should be playing at Michiganā€, the response has to be that the defenders that you see at Michigan are far better than the defenders that youā€™d see playing against Concordia - Ann Arbor and heā€™d never be getting his shots off in the same manner in the Big 10.

Actually, I think that youā€™re on point with being improved over the last year. Heā€™s an older, more experienced player and that has to count for something. Also, donā€™t you think he had pressure on his shoulders at MSU that he doesnā€™t at Davison?

1 Like