Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I think Zed Key’s numbers would look a little more gaudy if EJ Liddell and Malaki Branham were Malik Hall and AJ Hoggard though

1 Like

Genuinely felt bad once I read your comment. I edit way way too much.

2 Likes

I would make the opposite case

4 Likes

My posts are in a constant state of editing

1 Like

Zero good assist guys on OSU though and two super high volume guys who were out for their own as iso scorer types. Michigan State wants their guards to create for others and there’s a supreme lack of ‘others’.

So he’s gonna score on 5 dump offs from the dunker spot per game and one pick and pop 3. There’s your 13 points

If you’re saying that sheer usage will boost his counting stats, sure. But w Liddell and Branham you’re way down the scouting report and the residual action their advantage creates either on the glass or in rotation makes everything much easier for you. Being a remora on a good team is a great job.

Agree or disagree. MSU scoring leader odds:

Malik Hall EVEN
Tyson Walker +150
Jaxon Kohler +200
Joey Hauser +400
AJ Hoggard +500
Jaden Akins +1000
Pierre Brooks +2000
Mady Sissoko +3000
Tre Holloman +4000
Carson Cooper +8000

(that is all of their scholarship players btw. 9 guys + Cooper)

2 Likes

I’ll take the value with Hauser and Hoggard, but I would guess Hall is the guy this year.

Ohio State:

Justice Sueing -1000
Zed Key -250
Sean McNeil EVEN
Seth Towns +500
Bruce Thornton +1000
Isaac Likekele +1000
Tanner Holden +2000
Eugene Brown +4000
Felix Okpara +8000
Roddy Gayle +FART

If Seth Towns is +500 to be their leading scorer, what odds can I get that he only plays in 50% of their games because of injuries??

2 Likes

hmm I don’t know how to handicap that but it does seem very possible

1 Like

No insight other than the Izzo-rebounding-revolution talk, but I really have a gut feeling that Sissoko is going to play a decent chunk of minutes. Maybe its just matchup based, and I know he’s played like doo-doo to this point… But he certainly has the body of a B1G Center, I’ll give him that.

What is more likely?

• MSU wins the B1G
  • MSU finishes 10th in the B1G

0 voters

Since it was brought up… these are the teams with the biggest home bump in assist rate. Use for your player props accordingly.

I believe this is just for the home team so obviously you’d expect some bump because teams presumably play a bit better at home.

3 Likes

no assists for Fardaws this year

2 Likes

Ranking MSU top to bottom

1. Malik Hall - Team’s best athlete and only real wing. He will get a lot of three-level scoring opportunities. He might also be their best defender by default.
  2. AJ Hoggard - Best stylistic fit with Tom Izzo even if not the second most talented. Elite in transition and capable defensively.
  3. Jaden Akins - Hot Take Alert - Best of both worlds between Hoggard and Walker IMO. Possibly the best defender on the team this year.
  4. Joey Hauser - Good passer and shooter for his position. Much will be asked of him this year. Too much?
  5. Tyson Walker - Very good offensive player despite small frame and defensive questions.
  6. Jaxon Kohler - Will get every opportunity to start and star at the 5. Already legendary status at The Field of 68.
  7. Tre Holloman - Was a legit recruit in football so definitely an Izzo guy but there is a logjam at guard.
  8. Mady Sissoko - Physically capable but has yet to put anything together.
  9. Pierre Brooks - A lot of people were skeptical of his HS ranking given his level of comp and shooting and his freshman year didn’t do much to change their minds.
  10. Carson Cooper - no
2 Likes

What about the scholarship players after 10?

4 Likes

I just realized how crazy a name Carson Cooper is.

Cooper Carson

2 Likes

it is absolutely insane they didn’t hit the portal. That is literally a six man team, assuming Kohler is fine. Unless Brooks or Holloman can real make an impact, which seems very unlikely (and both play in positions that are reasonably well covered already).

1 Like