Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I think the biggest swing area is changing his body.He looks extremely thick and not in a good way.

Please post pic of your bod, Burger Boy, for comparative reference. Just me, but I always feel like that quantum more self-awareness and delicacy could come in so handy in these instances.

1 Like

6’1 195 just saying at 6’10 260 probably isnt the best way to play and be successful. It could be a different 260 but still.

2 Likes

Izzo “WHY IS MICHIGAN STATE ALWAYS THE BAD GUY?? I’M SICK OF IT!!”

Well Tom….

2 Likes

He definitely could use a chiseling and I would expect an offseason of training should go a decent way there.

2 Likes

The next Brad Davison. Awesome.

1 Like

We’re all just going to ignore that Indiana beat Jackson St by 39 today right?

4 Likes

MSU slaps the floor and then gives up a 3 to end the half. It’s like clockwork. Keep your hands off the floor

4 Likes

Also, virtually every Big Ten team appears to be better than preseason expectations besides Michigan.

3 Likes

Pretty happy with PU right meow. My sis’s alma mater!

I also irrationally despise Gonzaga. I hope they enjoy their 3 month beach vacation in the wcc.

2 Likes

Big Ten Fraud Watchlist:

Not frauds:
Indiana
Purdue
Iowa
Illinois
Minnesota and Nebraska because no one thought they’d be anything

Almost definitely not frauds but I want to see it in February:
Ohio State
Maryland
Michigan State

I will claim they’re frauds all year even when they keep winning:
Wisconsin
Penn State

High fraud potential:
Northwestern because they do this every year.
Rutgers because Paul Mulcahy (shoulder) and Caleb McConnell (knee) have nasty lingering injuries and I’m not sure either will be 100% all season. They’re blowing out crappy teams but blew their first test badly against Temple.

Fraudulent as heck right now but I think they turn it around and are at least decent and in the bubble mix:
Michigan

2 Likes

Would love to see Gonzaga play a 20 game B1G schedule every year.

2 Likes

Does Matt Painter get enough credit? I feel like we, in the college basketball world, always harp on his post season performance but he could be the best coach in the big ten tbh.

1 Like

Also like Purdue against Duke tonight. Too early in the season for this young Duke team against a balanced Purdue squad.

I saw that IU’s bench put up 49. I’ll just stop right there.

3 Likes

I’m not sure we even count as frauds cause we just stink

3 Likes

I think this is very well done. Regarding Michigan State, and admittedly did not watch the game (only looking at box score) but that team they played with last night…I can’t see how they get anything done in the B1G. I know Hall is coming back and Aikens as well (supposedly) but yikes that squad they rolled out last night has some serious holes and zero depth.

Lucky for them that their PK gauntlet ended up not being so daunting once they took the L to Bama. Getting a bad Oregon team and now Portland will keep them afloat and now they hit the buy game part of their schedule and can get healthy.

1 Like

Painter is loved on UMHoops.

6 Likes

Painter is one of the most overrated coaches

He’s a good coach no where near great

Reeds ft’s have been atrocious but he’s far down my list of guys struggling or letting us down.

He is going to be a nice 3-4 year big.

5 Likes