Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

TSJ probably had a fair amount of say in this matter as well.

2 Likes

Like ā€œI donā€™t want to start overā€.

Give me about 30 minutes and this will all be fixed. Itā€™s in the forumā€™s hands now.

6 Likes

My understanding his first choice was michigan and was set to attend until admissions had their input. Illinois found a way to make it work and um didnt.

Good thing my um degree exists a sit now means im smarter than anyone who has an illinois one.

6 Likes

While TSJ plays the two Illinois runs a lot of offense through him.

1 Like

I would say the confidence around the time and the way the players reacted after is a pretty clear sign that the only hold up was the university taking his credits/finding a way to get him in.

He probably didnā€™t care since Illinois was another good option, but TSJ probably would have chosen Michigan initially if everything was cleared

4 Likes

Thats fair just based upon how they talked about Anderson i can see the pull to Illinois. They look real good for having 6-7 new rotation guys.

1 Like

Tsj hard carrying Illinois and going 8/9 from 3 is definitely insult to injury. Swap him and Joey baker for each team and both are looking mighty different I think

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t he majoring in a program Michigan doesnā€™t have?

Yes, and thatā€™s why it didnā€™t work. On the one hand, thatā€™s a totally legit thing and why any normal student would have the same problem. On the other hand the idea that normal.academic rules apply to most major athletes (especially in the portal era) is a little silly.

TSJ solves so much for Michigan. Really allows JL, Kobe, and Jett to take time to settle in to their roles. Be can be that ā€˜defensive stopperā€™ that massively elevates our defense and gives us the flexibility to sit Jett when heā€™s totally lost. Really unfortunate that it didnā€™t work out, but Iā€™m glad heā€™s playing well where he landed even if it is Illinois.

3 Likes

Yes, he was majoring in a program Michigan doesnā€™t offer. I know people who know him and his family - he is by all accounts a kid who has always been invested in school, and so I could imagine that ā€œgetting a General Studies degree and not the one Iā€™ve spent three years working towardsā€ would at least be an issue for him.

That being said, I believe it came down not to Michigan admissions or his degree, but to TTU not allowing him to attend spring/summer there under scholarship to finish his degree and enroll at Michigan as a graduate.

4 Likes

Maryland might be pretty good?

2 Likes

May need to add Donald Carey to our ā€œtransfer misery trackerā€

5 Likes

Wild box scoreā€¦ Maryland shooting the lights out, turning it over constantly and getting every rebound.

2 Likes

The Miami stars didnā€™t appear very interested in that game

Looks like Michigan will have a top ten home game after Thanksgivingā€¦

2 Likes

Coleman Hawkins stopped playing after a turnover with 27 seconds left in a close-ish game.

1 Like

Illinois didnā€™t know who to go to down the stretch. Working for Dainja post ups is an interesting choice

1 Like

Epps isolations :face_vomiting: