Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

my god. characters (just like the ones on this forum)

4 Likes

Itā€™s like one of those movies where you notice something new each time. Best post in I donā€™t know how longā€¦

7 Likes

Truly true. He got a better whistle than the rest of the team combined

This is a bit off-topic, but Thomas Kithier is being forced to medically retire instead of playing his 5th year due to a back injury. Seems to have had a solid year last year for Valpo with 10 points and 7 boards per game.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Big Ten announces 7-year media rights deal with CBS, FOX, NBC and Peacock

This list has 2 top 50 players on U-M and 6 on MSU. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Sissoko at 48 tells you everything you need to know about the list

9 Likes

Pretty typical fan ranking. Only four freshmen (redshirt or true) in the top 50. The author just assumes everyone elseā€™s newcomers struggle. But of course, the star newcomer for the authorā€™s team is always given a sizable bump.

2 Likes

But Michigan had 3 players in the 50-60 range!

With 2 top 10 players, Minnesota is certainly looking like a conference contender this year no doubt

4 Likes

While this list may be garbage, Iā€™m pretty sure I will have no faith in the pre-season second team all big 10 players no matter who picks them. Picking the top 25 is going to have some real questionable players on it.

1 Like

Two-thirds of MSUs roster!

2 Likes

One of these guys is ranked #5 and one is ranked #29.

2 Likes

B1G going from their fourth and fifth best players being like Hunter and Kofi to Malik Hall and Jalen Pickett would truly be something.

3 Likes

Seems like TJD is going to get more All-American nods than Hunterā€¦

TJD has consistently shown an ability to improve his game, so you have to think heā€™s really taken it to another another level.

2 Likes

Itā€™s just so odd.

UM VERY RARELY GETS PRESEASON LOVE FROM NATIONAL MEDIA!
This was a sentence.

2 Likes

Arenā€™t we less than a year removed from Michigan being overhyped by the national media? :wink: I actually think the fact that U-M is coming into the year as more of a top 20-25 team will help the team build a bit more naturally in November/December.

I felt like there were times last year that U-M really suffered from the weight of what it was supposed to be.

10 Likes

DeVante hype train was so overdone last offseason, and I agree that the team seemed to play with that burden that wonā€™t be there this year.

3 Likes

Hmmm, of all the hype trains thatā€™s the one that was most overdone? Iā€™d say it was more Michigan being over-hyped as a team and also not realizing that having the No. 1 recruiting class often has more to do with volume.

2 Likes