Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Good god. I can’t believe it never occurred until seeing his mug right here … but ugh, it makes so much sense that Mick Cronin is a Big 10 coach. The only possible league he could join and not drag down the league-wide tempo. It just figures that we would sign on for UCLA in their least desirable phase - ugly and effective.

10 Likes

Definitely think Hauser is taller. Not sure on the rest.

This is getting into prime BEILEIN HEIGHT ANALYSIS but oh well. #3 on orange is Jaylin Fox who plays at Kalamazoo Valley CC and is listed at 6’5”

The guy on Kohler’s team to the left is Dequandre Dentmond, who played at Barton and is listed at 6’7”. Dentmond and Kohler looked identical in height in actual game action.

Kohler’s the height of a stretch 4 with the foot speed of a 5 but I have no idea how he’s gonna guard either spot.

4 Likes

Jaxon Kohler vs. the Gus Bus going to be a movie (as opposed to him vs. Hunter, which should be a horror film).

4 Likes

#9 in grey is Kohler?

3 Likes

Yessir (more characters)

1 Like

O/U 1.5 seasons until Bo hits Cronin with a T?!?!?!

On a serious note I have been outspoken that the travel placed on refs is absurd and the addition of UCLA/USC won’t help. Can’t wait to see Courtney Green et al. doing a 10:30 tip on the West Coast and then be in Piscataway at 7 the next night.

There’s not really any reason for that. I imagine ucla and usc will use the same west coast based refs they use now

2 Likes

Huge fan of BHA tyvm

1 Like

Juwan is tweeting some workout videos. Very impressed with Glenn and Dug. They are attacking each drill like maniacs

11 Likes

@buckets12 @umhoops MSU Twitter thinks their first team All B1G candidate is AJ Hoggard, not Malik Hall. What do you think?

Do they think the All-Big Ten teams are position based? There aren’t many good returning guards, but no way is Hoggard one of the top 5 players overall in the league.

1 Like

He’s got that dawg in him

2 Likes

Hunter not handling the sled well.

1 Like

He’s 7 feet tall

6 Likes

I like Malik Hall but what is his path to first team all conference? He might be better than Hoggard but I can see Hoggard just cause he likely will put up big time assist stats and maybe just cause he is a guard it might help him with some voters

1 Like

Being the best player and leading scorer on a top 2-3 Big Ten team (which would require MSU to exceed expectations).

I just don’t see him as that kind of guy. He might be leading scorer but he’ll score 14 PPG tops. That’s not gonna get him 1st Team all conference just cause MSU overperforms. IF MSU is top 20 good, Hoggard could do 10/7 which maybe gets him some pity votes.

Regardless I don’t see either happening because I don’t think anyone on their team will be a big enough alpha to get enough stats. If MSU is really good it’ll be a balanced effort which hurts all conference bids

1 Like

Michigan State is playing the hardest OOC schedule I can remember. They might have a very ugly record but I guess whatever wins they collect will be good wins. They could gain or lose the conference a bid or two on their own with their performance.

1 Like

In the PK classic they open with Bama.

1 Like

My take is that MSU fans have a completely different perception of what AJ Hoggard is as a basketball player than Big Ten fans of other schools. I don’t think Hoggard or Hall have a chance at all B1G. Hall should lead them in scoring but maybe Hoggard is MSU’s best player if all goes well?

4 Likes