Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I would break down tiers like this and would be helpful to the above discussion:

Tier 1- Purdue
Tier 2- None
Tier 3- Michigan, MSU, Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa
Tier 4- PSU, OSU, NW, Wisconsin
Tier 5- Maryland, Nebraska
Tier Minnesota- Minnesota

I think Tier 1/Purdue is a contender. Tier 2 would be the teams hovering around a protected NCAA seed and I don’t think we have anybody there nor will the league get anybody there. I think and the numbers back it up where the Tier 4 is a notch below the Tier 3 mess. Tier 5 teams are feisty outs on there home court but not “good” teams.

I think the real battle and will be kinda interesting to see how it shakes out is who will get the BTT double byes. A wide range of possibilities there!

1 Like

Move Michigan to Tier 4 until it beats anyone in Tier 3. Move Maryland to Tier 4 as well.

6 Likes

Illinois Basketball:

McKayla Maroney face as a basketball team.

Seems like Illinois is tier 2 70% of the time and tier Minnesota 30% of the time

2 Likes

Will be tier '96 Bulls when they face Michigan

2 Likes

I agree with this statement from Dylan. I would also add this to your definitions:

Tier 1 - Conference Title front runner, top-2 seed, FF contender
Tier 2 - Outside shot a conference title, top-5 seed, S16 contender
Tier 3 - Right side of the bubble, middling seed, might get to the second weekend
Tier 4 - Squarely on the bubble at best and sweating out last-4 in, first-4 out, NIT
Tier 5 - Don’t want to play them on the road, going to win a couple games they shouldn’t, NIT bubble
Tier 6 - Not good at basketball, must win game for everyone else, will win a couple fluke games

1 Like

Iowa/OSU…let’s do this!

The Iowa OSU game really had 6 turnover 3 minutes into the game. Love to see it.

1 Like

Every Iowa possession that ends in a contested Connor McCaffery three is a massive win for OSU.

Likekele hasn’t scored 10+ points in exactly 11 months.

Iowa Defense “Hold my beer”

1 Like

Holy Dunky McDunkerson

Race Thompson is a game time decision this morning. Good sign for IU moving forward.

1 Like

Jeff Goodman reporting Thompson is playing today. Cmon IU!

1 Like

Hauser got put on a poster by TJD

4 Likes

Crazy how had Pierre brooks is. Props to Izzo for putting out a decent team with him as one of the only wings

3 Likes

Brooks Kohler and Cooper out there at the same time right now

1 Like

TJD is playing out of his mind for the last week or so. Catching bodies left and right.

2 Likes

TJD is so fun to watch man. Respect.

1 Like

maybe he is one of those guys who needs a knock to unlock that next level. like when LeBron sprains an ankle and tightens up the shoes

3 Likes