Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I have always thought that TJD has some of the best moves around the basket that I have seen in the conference in a while. Honestly, he and Austin Davis, with the ball on the post, I thought had an excellent game.

I agree with all of the above, unfortunately, there’s not another player on that roster that I think is fun to watch. Tamar Bates would give me in-game anxiety attacks

Is Jaxon Kohler the best player in the Big Ten

2 Likes

/Don Carey enters the conversation.
/Don Carey leaves the conversation.

I feel slightly more optimistic about the Purdue game Thursday, but need to know Jett’s injury situation first and foremost.

1 Like
2 Likes

if AJ Hoggard isn’t the Michigan State HC in 20 years I will legally change my name to Jonathan French Toast

5 Likes

Why? This was Michigan’s worst performance since CMU.

2 Likes

Yeah struggling at home to the only truly horrible team in the conference plus losing Jett does not inspire confidence to me

3 Likes

Because Tschetter and Baker are going for 35 between them

6 Likes

I just like how this team has bounced back after rough games this year. With the game being at Crisler and Purdue playing close for a couple of games this week, I think we see an inspired performance. I wouldnt predict a win, but we certainly could win. Feels like Purdue could be due for another loss with some of their close wins this week.

That being said, this beliefs mostly depends on Jett’s health.

1 Like

Just looking at the schedule this year compared to recent years to evaluate how “down” the conference was. The thing that stood out to me initially actually was a reminder that this will be the 7th year in a row where Michigan finishes the regular season on the road-this year with double away games. Michigan gets to take on Illinois and Indiana for senior nights this year. You have to go back to the Kam Chatman season when Michigan last played its final regular season game at home.

We have managed to split the last 6, which is pretty incredible, but that seems like a pretty cruel set up for momentum and senior day emotions.

1 Like

Other fans would be quick to point out that Michigan getting 7 weekend home games in the league is a pretty big advantage.

2 Likes

Lots of weird quirks about the schedules. Just interesting to me that Michigan has done final road games a lot recently over the years.

To contrast your point, Michigan only got 3 home weekends last year versus 6 away, (2 home and 7 road two years ago) so I think some of this evens out, but not the final game for some reason. It’s interesting what things they seem to be balancing and what things they don’t.

1 Like

Not that Nebraska is a huge threat but they have given some teams fits with their defense. Both Juwan Gary and now Emmanuel Bandoumel are done for the year with injuries. They are arguably their two best wing defenders. Bandoumel is probably one of the best defenders in the Big10.

Wisconsin’s offense :nauseated_face: so many possessions where nothing happens. Foul trouble/auto bench hurting but yikes.

1 Like

:face_with_monocle::thinking:

1 Like

Not watching…is there really someone on WI who demands a hard double that took 8 days of prep? Is this clown blaming their COVID break for shutting down the vaunted Wisconsin offense?

1 Like

why is Bandoumel done for the year? what happened?

It was a knee injury Saturday. Pretty sure it was an ACL. Similar to Llewellyn’s non contact injury.