Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Ethan Morton suckz. MSU’s new defensive strategy is have his guy double Edey and then have no one close out on him

2 Likes

When Walker gets going he doesn’t miss

I insist this was the correct strategy over “hope Zach Edey beats himself with Carson Cooper guarding him” but I’m sure Izzo will get praised for the stroke of genius that was letting the NPOY miss bunnies

2 Likes

Feel like they’ve done a really good job of mixing things up. Any defensive strategy is easy to attack if you know what’s coming.

He played over 30 twice?

It’s hard to tell, he played 30+ against Gonzaga and then in a double over time game

Outside of that he hasnt, but was admittedly getting injured or working back from injury in a number of the others

Regardless, what I am saying (which isn’t that mysterious I think) is that Hall is good, not having him hurts them, and Izzo has, in Hall’s career, shown a questionable commitment to playing him as much as I think is warranted

3 Likes

Mixing it up isgood but I don’t think the single converge by Kohler or Cooper was ever going to result in anything except a layup 75% of the time

2 Likes

Very smart by Purdue to ball screen Cooper. That’s the move rather than post him.

1 Like

“that’s like a turnover” says Raftery about a turnover

4 Likes

Maybe he meant it like “that’s like… a turnover, dawg”

2 Likes

He played 34 against NAU, 28 against Gonzaga with four fouls, 42 against Kentucky, 22 against Villanova when he got his 3rd foul at the U16.

He was clearly playing hurt or at least not 100% since he’s been back hence coming off the bench and playing limited minutes, and promptly injuring himself worse.

When he was healthy he was a 30mpg starter and I think that’s what he would have been without the injury. Not like he wasn’t all the way in the plans.

Edey must be shooting 2/8 on hooks

sheesh good defense by Cooper

What did they call?

I might get expelled from UMhoops forever for this but I see a tiny lil bit of freshman Colin Castleton in Carson Cooper

Called a walk

other than they look alike?

They seem equally pterodactylish in their bodily movements

1 Like

Keeping Edey on the bench out of the U8 was a choice. Cost them 2 possessions imo

1 Like

if you took Hoggard off MSU and put him on Michigan it would transform both teams in a way that would spark joy

Excellent work by Kohler to put his face in Renn’s elbow

2 Likes