Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Kenpom shows Indiana at 10-10 at this point. I will take the under.

2 Likes

He was a 33% shooter at Bucknell! Transfer portal lottery win.

5 Likes

Very different role as the high usage guy at Bucknell versus just a catch and shoot guy at PSU.

Heā€™s also been a bit of a flat track bully thus far but tonight should help the numbers there.

3 Likes

this was a 4pt game mere moments ago

Just a clinic. IU is helpless.

Remember the preseason topic of Indiana vs. the field for the B1G title?

7 Likes

I am very in on actively making fun of Indiana (and the simple fact that TJD is now 5-27 in road games against top 100 teams in his career)

But itā€™s also impossible to fully judge them given injury IMO. They were up 21 at Iowa when Race Thompson got hurt, lost two games by one possession and now this. Itā€™s prob enough to ruin their chances but they might have been legitimately good with those two.

2 Likes

Johnson and Race completely sunk their defense. They were both great defenders who had a ton of experience and they are replaced by either freshmen or guys who arenā€™t good enough.

1 Like
2 Likes

In retrospect it was a really bad sign that they shot 17-33 from 3 during a two game losing streak.

7 Likes

Yeah ā€¦ the JHS ridiculous 3-point shooting was masking a lot of issues but the defense was brutal in both of those games.

3 Likes

18-31 from three by PSU!

No team will ever lose if they shoot that well

2 Likes

Which is why you stay home on everyone and donā€™t let them attempt 31 threes, almost all of which are off the catch.

3 Likes

as is indiana, but in a different sort of way!

I donā€™t really get the grave dancing on Indiana - this isnā€™t a refutation early-season predictions, itā€™s a manifestation of not having that roster healthy

They arenā€™t good without their second and third best players - they probably SHOULD lose at PSU

I donā€™t think it has anything to do with early-season predictions? People just think it is funny to see IU fall on their face.

4 Likes

It just seems like lots of the laughing ignores the context

Donā€™t wanna be the fun police, so carry on

2 Likes

Chris Collins has a nice silver fox scruff beard

2 Likes

IU and Illinois v the field
Doesnā€™t change your point whatsoever.

Cliff Omoruyi is so fun to watch.

1 Like