Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Can we get a repeat pod with discussion of how khayat changes projections?

1 Like

We talked about Khayat quite a bit on Friday’s pod I think.

1 Like

IU 15th and Illinois 25th. Has Michigan and OSU in the next 5 out category.

Be prepared for the worst top half of the B1G since probably 2017

1 Like

next 5 out of the top 25 or of the tournament?

1 Like

The former

LOL @ Indiana being that a good team. Schifino would have to be absolutely spectacular for that to happen.

1 Like

Parrish has IU 16, Michigan 18, Purdue 22, OSU 24, MSU 25

1 Like

wow this one is way more off IMO

1 Like

Aren’t they returning a bunch of starters and bringing a five star in Schifino? Indiana’s about as good of a bet as any team in the B1G.

IU is the most known team, and thus will have the most consistently high ranking. If I had to bet on one team to win the conference, I would not bet on them though. But I understand their ranking as the highest in the conference preseason

2 Likes

Yeah but they’re returning a bunch of starters who are old and never did much to begin with.

Michigan way too high

2 Likes

yeah if you are ranking Michigan and Purdue you have to rank Illinois

2 Likes

Yeah, basically running it back with a bubble team who was already old doesnt scream top 15. I guess banking on your freshman additions?

1 Like

Underwood seems ready to embrace a post-Kofi world. I’d certainly trust him more to lean into small-ness than Izzo. But his results with that type of stuff have been a mixed bag at times.

His defenses were infamously disastrous pre Kofi so really not sure what to make of this

3 Likes

it’s happening

3 Likes

aircraft carrier game, especially in 2022 is peak cringe. I’d stop being a fan if my team did that. or if my team had a coach who regularly assaults his players.

7 Likes

So far so good.

7 Likes

yeah not saying he will be wrong this year but historically there is a correlation between Underwood NOT doing what he enjoys and his team getting better

note the TOD%, FTRD, 2P%D

1 Like

super smart to play an outdoor game on a bizarre surface when you have 9 scholarship players

11 Likes