Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

sorry but this made me actually laugh out loud

Former Michigan State basketball player Mat Ishbia, the president and CEO of United Wholesale Mortgage, in February 2021 announced a $32 million donation to the athletic department, with $20 million going to the expansion of the football facilities and requested it be named after basketball coach Tom Izzo.

LOL

3 Likes

That is amazing :laughing:

1 Like

That might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read in my entire life.

3 Likes

Illinois so obsessed with us they had to go and get their own international commit a day after ours. Ours will also clearly be better since I heard about Khayat a few days before i heard of this guy.

16 Likes

Probably one for next year, I’d imagine. Still only 17 but put up some huge numbers in the U21 second division.

Yeah, isn’t ILL full for this year? I was very curious what post-Kofi looked like for them but they seem like they are not going away anytime soon

This is their 12th scholarship but I think they are done now.

I more mean that he could be an impact player as a sophomore.

1 Like

4 Likes

thank goodness the prophecies say this is not possible

7 Likes
1 Like

what do you think of these matchups Dylan?

Makes for a boring challenge when 4 of the bottom 5 B10 teams make up half the matchups.

1 Like

Villanova at MSU is spicy.

7 Likes

SICKO games

8 Likes

Nothing like an early season sicko game imo

5 Likes

I think Villanova is a very useful opponent for MSU. They have run for the past 10 years exactly the kind of offense and rotation that MSU will need this year in order to maximize their roster.

Three guards, a wing, and a Hauser 5. 10mpg for Brooks or Holloman to spell the guards and Kohler can play his way past Hauser and turn Joey into a sixth man. That’s a B1G contender. This is not the year for classic Izzo football unless he really, truly wants to play guys like Mady Sissoko and Keon Coleman.

This may go down as a truly fantastic reverse jinx, you know

5 Likes

This will be the ultimate test of Tom vs. himself. If he plays Sissoko major minutes then he will have sabotaged what could be a pretty decent team.

5 Likes