Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

That article presents us with one of the greatest screenshots of all time

4 Likes

“Hitler and his accomplices systematically murdered 6 million Jews in Europe. Izzo is a Basketball Hall of Fame coach with one national championship and eight Final Four appearances.”

Yes, AP, good call. Let there be no confusion.

5 Likes

Why does Chris Collins have a 50% free throw shooter in the game when Illinois is guaranteed to foul?

1 Like

The more I hear about this Hitler guy the less I like him

9 Likes

Illinois could easily win their next 4 games

The Breslin center is going to be rocking . Michigan’s football season really bottles a lot of anger up in the MSU fanbase and Hunter Dickinson lit the match to that powder keg with his comments the past couple weeks.

Michigan has the second most inexperienced team in the conference and this will be their first raucous road game crowd. The Barn against a bad Minnesota team has been the only road game so far. How Jett Howard, Dug McDaniel, and Taris Reed respond to that environment is going to be a huge key. We just had a 3 turnover game (which is really wild) and ideally we can keep that type of composure in a hostile environment.

3-0 is a great start and if we can get to 4-0 it will really be earned.

3 Likes

If they do, they should raise a banner

5 Likes

They could easily go 2-2 if they play like this

3 Likes

“January 2023 Big Ten Co-Champions”

The other teams that they didn’t play in those 4 games were ducking them

3 Likes

This is the best piece of sports journalism I have ever seen

3 Likes

Hunter has been seemingly engaged in a lot of other things other than basketball. Hopefully the team gets engaged Hunter the rest of the way.

1 Like

What’s the context of this

1 Like

Under what circumstances would it NOT be rocking? Do Hunter’s comments actually matter? It’s UM vs. MSU. Who needs extra motivation? I may have missed something - I thought he just said they “we hate them and they hate us”. Doesn’t seem like bulletin board material to me.

AP article tonight documenting Hunter’s quote from postgame where he said he requested his podcasting buddies delete the episode with the “Izzo is Hitler” comment and the at he doesn’t stand for the comment, he has tons of respect for Tom Izzo

1 Like

:grimacing:

8 Likes

Wayyyyyyyyy too early for this but speaks to how dominant Michigan has been in its three wins. And also that it hasn’t played any good teams in the league :slight_smile:

Reality is that Michigan wasn’t winning buy games by these type of margins.

10 Likes

He called MSU fans soft and said that no one choose to go to MSU, they only go because they don’t get into Michigan. How isn’t that bulletin board material?

https://twitter.com/roundballpod/status/1604545495560601605?s=46&t=FzmTVZElOXtRZ1eYlVI8uQ

Of course it’s always rocking but I think you’re underselling how excited people get to cheer against Hunter Dickinson. And they are desperate for some bragging rights after how lopsided the football seasons were.

1 Like

I get that…I just don’t think it matters. If Hunter doesn’t say a thing, is the crowd any less hostile? I don’t think so. Hunter enjoys being a troll - it’s part of who he is. If he plays poorly, it won’t be because the crowd hates him more. Just my two cents.

6 Likes

Not sure how this is possible.

3 Likes