Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

If you are putting 2+ games on a night? What time do you want the games to be so that they are all on TV? 6 and 8? That makes the 6:00 slot hard to get any viewers to watch as they are just getting home from work, having dinner, putting kids to bed, etc. I’m sure the networks have done their market research to know that 7:00 and 9:00 maximizes the viewership. Networks don’t care about scheduling games to allow the athletes to get more sleep or whatever else is in the best interest of their health and wellness. They care about dollars.

1 Like

Exactly. Maryland plays 3 games between Jan. 1 through Jan. 14. I see a 5 games in 13 day stretch in later January, but that’s the closest I see to any condensed scheduling. We have to understand that the Covid year was unique. It’s not the normal thing to play so many games in a short stretch.

3 Likes

Not watching the game but Rebraca seems like he’s taking too many shots

If you combined Michigan and Michigan State’s rosters they would be a ____ seed in the NCAA Tournament?

2 Likes

A 1 seed with Izzo and bubble team with Juwan :joy::joy: in all seriousness I’d go with a 3

1 Like

Walker
Bufkin
Jett
Hauser/Hall
Dickinson

With other Hauser/Hall, Hoggard, Akins off the bench.

With generic non Izzo, non Howard coach coaching I’ll say that’s a 4 seed

That’s a fun distraction question. Hmm…

PG - Walker, Hoggard
SG - Kobe, Akins
SF - Jett, Akins, Hall
PF - Hall, Hauser, TWill
C - Hunter, Sissoko

Juwan coaches offense, Izzo gets defense and rebounding.

I think there are still some concerns on defense and I could see some hot and cold shooting, but overall it is hard not to think of that team being the B10 favorite.

Maybe a 2/3 seed?

1 Like

Both teams could desperately use two draft picks off the other’s roster.

Walker and Hall would transform Michigan.

Dickinson and Howard would transform MSU.

5 Likes

Yaklich-era Beilein would make the national title with Walker, Jett, Hall, Hauser and Dickinson

Michigan would take Walker and Hall?

1 Like

Yes please

1 Like

Absolutely?

What about

Walker
Bufkin
Jett
Bates
Dickinson

You get one New Year’s wish!

• T-Will becomes a high volume 40% three point shooter
  • Tarris never misses another free throw… ever
  • Hunter destroys MSU so bad Tom Izzo has to stop the game and give Hunter a “stern talking to”
  • One Dug McDaniel windmill poster dunk in game on Zach Edey
  • Kobe goes for 81 (again)
  • Yo-Yo evolves into a star
  • The entire 5 all-Ivy first team transfers to Michigan next season
  • Phil Martelli does a cart wheel mid-game

0 voters

3 Likes

Awesome list! I voted, although somewhat insincerely - the jinx is strong with me, and if Dug doesn’t dunk on Edey because of me, I can live with that.

1 Like

Epic Penn State meltdown / vintage Iowa late-game run going here on BTN…

Keegan’s bro w/30.

1 Like

I’m going to have to reluctantly admit defeat on my Penn State take and switch it to “okay, but how sustainable is it really when they lose Pickett, Funk, Dread, Wynter, and possibly Lundy after this season.”

2 Likes

Question for the board: If Purdue is alone in the top tier, who is in the second tier of Big Ten schools?

1 Like

How did Rutgers make their way to the top 20 in KenPom? That Indiana win is doing a lot there, sheesh