Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I think Villanova is a very useful opponent for MSU. They have run for the past 10 years exactly the kind of offense and rotation that MSU will need this year in order to maximize their roster.

Three guards, a wing, and a Hauser 5. 10mpg for Brooks or Holloman to spell the guards and Kohler can play his way past Hauser and turn Joey into a sixth man. That’s a B1G contender. This is not the year for classic Izzo football unless he really, truly wants to play guys like Mady Sissoko and Keon Coleman.

This may go down as a truly fantastic reverse jinx, you know

5 Likes

This will be the ultimate test of Tom vs. himself. If he plays Sissoko major minutes then he will have sabotaged what could be a pretty decent team.

5 Likes

Can we get a repeat pod with discussion of how khayat changes projections?

1 Like

We talked about Khayat quite a bit on Friday’s pod I think.

1 Like

IU 15th and Illinois 25th. Has Michigan and OSU in the next 5 out category.

Be prepared for the worst top half of the B1G since probably 2017

1 Like

next 5 out of the top 25 or of the tournament?

1 Like

The former

LOL @ Indiana being that a good team. Schifino would have to be absolutely spectacular for that to happen.

1 Like

Parrish has IU 16, Michigan 18, Purdue 22, OSU 24, MSU 25

1 Like

wow this one is way more off IMO

1 Like

Aren’t they returning a bunch of starters and bringing a five star in Schifino? Indiana’s about as good of a bet as any team in the B1G.

IU is the most known team, and thus will have the most consistently high ranking. If I had to bet on one team to win the conference, I would not bet on them though. But I understand their ranking as the highest in the conference preseason

2 Likes

Yeah but they’re returning a bunch of starters who are old and never did much to begin with.

Michigan way too high

2 Likes

yeah if you are ranking Michigan and Purdue you have to rank Illinois

2 Likes

Yeah, basically running it back with a bubble team who was already old doesnt scream top 15. I guess banking on your freshman additions?

1 Like

Underwood seems ready to embrace a post-Kofi world. I’d certainly trust him more to lean into small-ness than Izzo. But his results with that type of stuff have been a mixed bag at times.

His defenses were infamously disastrous pre Kofi so really not sure what to make of this

3 Likes

it’s happening

3 Likes

aircraft carrier game, especially in 2022 is peak cringe. I’d stop being a fan if my team did that. or if my team had a coach who regularly assaults his players.

7 Likes