Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

can 5 Xavier Simpson’s exist on the right block simultaneously

1 Like

Great players find a way to play together

I think that’s an exceptionally liberal use of the word “great”. Alex Caruso isn’t great bc he defers to Zach Lavine on offense and locks down opposing PGs. He’s pretty good bc he does that. If he tried shooting a lot more and was lazy on defense he’d be out of the league.

I think he was riffing on my 5 Xavier Simpson’s on the block comment.

1 Like

That is correct

1 Like

oic (hello, automated comment audit service)

taps the tip jar

2 Likes

I think over the long run, tournament success is a good indicator of coaching prowess. Short term, it’s not a good indicator if a team or conference is overrated or underrated. That’s just my view

1 Like

But their defense though… It’s a given that they’re going to be bad at it under Fran. It’s a feature lol

It’s overrated. I would trade our season with Illinois’ in a heartbeat. They are gonna raise a conference title banner. We will not. Still hilarious they lost in the second round.

Preferring a Big Ten Title to losing in the Sweet 16 does not make tournament success an “overrated metric”. It’s not the only thing that matters and I’m guessing 95% of CBB fans would take Illinois’ season over Michigan’s in a vacuum but acting like a program or a coach’s record in the biggest games of the season isn’t important is silly.

1 Like

Yea. He’s been the least talked about guy this offseason but realistically best case scenario for next years team is just Hunter being the best player in the conference/country and the other pieces all clicking around that

1 Like

I’m most interested in the rationale behind Joey Hauser and Mason Gillis being tied for the 3rd best ranked players on these four teams

2 Likes

Kris, PatCaff, Perkins, Sandfort, rumored Keion Brooks transfer and I am all the way in on Iowa winning the conference

Idk man someone had to be a 5 :rofl:

1 Like

Rumored Keion Brooks transfer?? I have them 2nd in conference right now and I might put them one if they get him

1 Like

Never have I said it’s not important. I just don’t weigh losing a couple games against good teams more than winning a form of a title in of the toughest conferences in the country two years in a row. The poster I initially responded asked what Underwood has even accomplished. He’s 2-2 in the NCAA tournament with the Illini. I don’t think that outweighs his conference titles. JMO

End of the day, NCAA tourney success year to year varies for many because it can be matchup dependent. It’s also what makes it fun. When we lost to Texas Tech, we were probably one of the eight best teams in the country that season. But we didn’t get past the Sweet 16.

3 Likes

Iowa lol. Cmon guys.

1 Like

Wait, which McCaffrey is good supposedly?

The younger one.

1 Like