Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

One of the overlooked negative side effects of Juwan’s bad behavior is that we aren’t talking enough about MSU falling apart a bit down the stretch. If this game goes Iowa’s way that would be 2-5 in February with one of those wins being a last second win over lowly Maryland.

2 Likes

Yeah but just wait until March. Excuse me, Izzo.

5 Likes

This MSU performance really shocks me. I thought they might have found themselves in that comeback against Illinois. Looks like that was a mirage (due to one guy playing out of his mind).

1 Like

I really don’t see much separating MSU and us. However, the narrative between the two teams has been so different all season (I know this is due to us being dogshet early in the season).

Also, I think earlier in the year people would’ve preferred Walker to DJ. Is that still the case?

lol what on earth. you are actually right

Christie 17 for last 59. Houstan has better numbers. And Brown has been equally bad for MSU the last 8 games or so.

Keegan Murray may the the elixir to Fran’s late February/March swoon

1 Like

Yeah Walker’s performance was not repeatable

3 Likes

Nope…very similar teams. Neither getting much out of their freshmen, neither got much of a senior leap from their holdover veteran front court guys, both erratic on offense game to game, etc. The difference is that MSU won two close non conference games and Michigan lost theirs. Flip Seton Hall to a win and maybe Minnesota and we are right there.

4 Likes

I think there is a serious conversation to be had about what Izzo has done to Gabe Brown

10 Likes

I definitely look forward to getting another crack at these guys in Crisler. Otoh Iowa might be a handful the way they’re looking lately. Guess no Fran Fade this year?

1 Like

I’m sure Christie and Brown will break out of their slump just in time for the rematch on March 1 :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

And to think so many of you doubted sir Kenneth Pomeroy

3 Likes

IMO this MSU 30 point loss should be the biggest Big Ten news story of the week

10 Likes

Yep…totally agree. Izzo has a tough love approach that can unlock some players if they stick around and work their way through his process. But Gabe always seemed to have less confidence and the roller coaster he’s ridden with Izzo just hasn’t worked.

Or…maybe Gabe Brown is just one of the streakiest shooters with erratic confidence that I can remember.

1 Like

Izzo said he just doesn’t like Brown he loves him

3 Likes

Someone should ask Izzo in the presser if he still thinks he’s got a top 10 team on his hands.

8 Likes

Such an anti Izzo thing to do too. Too funny.

3 Likes

Michigan embarrassing itself on Sunday was probably MSU’s biggest win of the year. Should’ve known they would have a bit of a downer on such a quick turnaround.

14 Likes