Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

I would be in favor of watching Gonzaga beat MSU by 30 on an aircraft carrier.

14 Likes

I don’t like this idea because playing on a ship is so fluky that MSu could win

1 Like

More evidence that Izzo is retiring. He loves that game and wants it to be his legacy

4 Likes

Uh, have you looked at MSU’s roster and Gonzaga’s roster? MSU is not capable of winning that game

2 Likes

Get enough condensation on the court and wind in the air and anything can happen. That’ll add enough variance to maybe give MSU a chance

I would watch that blowout in the rain
I would watch that blowout on a train

I would watch it on an aircraft carrier
I would watch it with my terrier but would have to avert my eyes when Malachi Smith is on the floor

11 Likes

Wondering if the agents for half of Gonzaga’s roster may advise their clients to not play that game. Fortunately for Izzo, his roster doesn’t have those pesky outside influences so maybe that’s his angle.

This. Can’t they come up with some other gimmick idea instead?

11 Likes

Brainstorming other crazy gimmick games sounds like peak offseason forum fodder. Let’s hear your crazy ideas, people!

5 Likes

Moonbase. Give Steven Izzo a chance to dunk down 30 vs Gonzaga.

8 Likes

Izzo trying to capitalize on Top Gun.

1 Like

Didn’t Steven Mateen Izzo transfer?

Rucker Park court?

Do an AAU style tournament where you put multiple courts in a stadium and play simultaneous games and then the teams play a second game after against the other team.

Put a court in some other famous venue that wasn’t intended for basketball. Augusta national, Wimbledon, central park, etc.

Go to a random country for a game like the NFL does.

3 Likes

Air-craft carriers are too stable to the tide, would prefer a generously sized raft on pontoons. And OOB is in the lake.

5 Likes

Or like Michigan basketball is doing

2 Likes

Well, sort of. Michigan is not playing real games against other NCAA teams or playing in noteworthy venues. The last time they did this some of the games were in tiny gyms with few fans.

I am talking about playing MSU/Gonzaga in Wembley or something.

1 Like

Michigan is playing Kentucky in London at the O2 Arena. That’s a real game, no?

8 Likes

Doh…yep…forgot. I will see myself out.

2 Likes

Enough with these half-measures…why not just a water basketball game on a pool hoop?

14 Likes