Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

Is that normal timing? IIRC he’s not actually a coach anymore but Izzo’s personal assistant

1 Like

OMG can you imagine a worse job

10 Likes

Hopefully they’ll place a personal ad to replace him-

Seeking: Personal assistant, no taller than 5’0", must despise change and progress

15 Likes

Hearing Jay Wright and Coach K near the top. Pretty much coach in waiting tag when Izzo retires.

4 Likes

If they must be an old college buddy, I’m sure Steve Mariucci has some time on his hands.

5 Likes

IMO if Stephens has an adequate year at WMU he will be the MSU head coach for the 2023-24 season.

7 Likes
  • Must have experience inflicting stockholm syndrome on young adults

• Prior experience covering up potentially criminal behaviors is preferable

4 Likes

Take out potentially and you got it.

1 Like

:dart:

Unless Xavier Booker commits and he talks himself into a ‘one last run at it’ team. But if his roster stinks again I’m all in on this prediction.

2 Likes

Izzo’s career needs to end with a Woody Hayes/Clemson moment involving Hunter Dickinson. It would be the greatest thing to ever happen and simultaneously convince me that there is a God.

6 Likes

I get what you’re saying but that would be physically impossible unless Izzo is biting HD’s kneecaps Dan Campbell style

1 Like

Well now you’ve just gone and made the moment that much more beautiful in my brain. Gratitude.

1 Like

Daring to dream here, but to have Izzo pull a Jeff Van Gundy by hanging on to Hunter’s ankle helplessly while getting pathetically dragged along the hardwood floor would be glorious.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I would be in favor of watching Gonzaga beat MSU by 30 on an aircraft carrier.

14 Likes

I don’t like this idea because playing on a ship is so fluky that MSu could win

1 Like

More evidence that Izzo is retiring. He loves that game and wants it to be his legacy

4 Likes

Uh, have you looked at MSU’s roster and Gonzaga’s roster? MSU is not capable of winning that game

2 Likes

Get enough condensation on the court and wind in the air and anything can happen. That’ll add enough variance to maybe give MSU a chance

I would watch that blowout in the rain
I would watch that blowout on a train

I would watch it on an aircraft carrier
I would watch it with my terrier but would have to avert my eyes when Malachi Smith is on the floor

11 Likes