Big Ten Basketball 2020-21 Discussion (Part 2)

The returning of Eli allows Jones and the freshmen to ease in, that is a luxury that Michigan State doesn’t have. Walker, Akins and Christie have to take over the responsibility from day one, as I am with DL that it is not ideal to play Gabe Brown at 2.

1 Like

Yeah, I still think it is on one of Jones/Collins to be good enough to be a starting PG though. Just like MSU needs one of Walker/Akins to be good enough to be a starting PG.

At least as far as reaching a ceiling.

1 Like

35 posts were split to a new topic: Crisler Center & Big Ten Crowd Atmosphere

2 Likes

Steph Curry part 2

12 Likes

Hoggard was really bad, but there are a lot of bad freshman who get better. Obviously it is really hard to imagine he will be better than mediocre next year, but you can imagine him reaching that level. But I think people are being a little dismissive.

I also think it’s fair to say Christie is basically a sure thing. It’s hard for me to imagine a player w/ his pedigree and his experiences w/ USA basketball won’t be at least a decent Big 10 starter.

Bigger picture, I think you are putting things well. Mich has the best player on the court and more options for fewer minutes. It would be shocking if Mich isn’t better than State next year. What a nice thing to say.

2 Likes

The fit makes too much sense

1 Like

Woodson kicked him off the team. He didn’t enter the portal. Lots of “Spring Creaning is back” commentary around the Hoosiersphere.

3 Likes

McKillop is a good coach, but methinks Loyer is a bridge too far.

Have you heard any justifications for the “kicked off the team” notion? Still seemed like a guy who had a lot of tools, but no idea what type of attitude he brought towards the game

Nothing specific as far as I know but he has a bad attitude reputation.

Didn’t make it a month as an Illinois commit.

4 Likes

illinois is easily the most up and down program in the conference

didn’t he just commit like two weeks ago?

1 Like

they’ve been mostly down though. This has been a 2 year blip so far

Storr was rated a little too highly. HCBU isn’t interested in top 200 recruits

13 Likes

More talking the underwood tenure, always something good followed by something bad or the reverse

1 Like

Somebody please repost that 247 insider’s comments about how Underwood just doesn’t want the drama. And then post his same rationale for Storr’s decommitment when it comes. I could use the laugh. :pray:

2 Likes

Can you guys cool it with the HC____ back and forth. Keeps cluttering up all of the threads.

11 Likes

Some pretty rough updates on the Illinois boards.

• Stephen Gentry is likely gone to Gonzaga
  • Geoff Alexander is backfilling him, moving up to assistant
  • Alan Huss of Creighton supposedly agreed to join Illinois until his wife talked him out of it at the last minute (classic message board excuse)
  • Charlton Young of Florida State was the next ace target but he has never left the Southeast and is probably just angling for a raise

Also this from their 247 staff:

The only issue with timing for Illinois (assuming they get this filled before June 1) is the uncertainty with the current roster, as Derek and I talked about on the pod. Chester helps, but it’d be nice to have a big man coach in place by next week.

I am curious what he means by that. If it’s just the need to get someone in for re-recruiting Kofi that makes sense. If it’s Payne reconsidering his transfer or something that would be worse.