Big Ten Basketball 2020-21 Discussion (Part 1)

I wouldn’t bet on that.

Pain in the ass to play against but what’s the ceiling?

I think Purdue could be a bit of addition by subtraction, excited to see some of the younger backcourt pieces.

1 Like

Useful update as always

Well, I’d say their best teams have had either a really good PG in terms of assists, or a secondary player who is a really good passer (Green, Valentine). I don’t know if Henry is capable of that, I feel like I haven’t seen it so far, but maybe. Tillman is a good passer for a big man, but that’s a lot less impactful than being a great passing wing player. Plus I think he stays in the draft. They’ll be very good, but I don’t know about elite. I’d say 24 or so regular season wins.

I will be surprised if Henry exhibits any play making skills. I am with LA that he has not shown any such skill so far. They may need to count on I forget his name who has been injured for the last two years to become more of a facilitator. I see ball movers but not someone to make a play for someone else.

How could you forget the best player from the last two years?

7 Likes

JOSHUA LANGFORD is the name! The 6 yr player.

He looks phenomenal shape-wise

1 Like

Did everybody else look at this picture and know it was Isaiah before reading the caption like I did?

I’m so torn on this one. I love the young man and I really want him to live his dream. That said, I REALLY want him to come back to Michigan for one more year!

2 Likes

Not torn. I want him back lol

7 Likes

I’m with you on this. I was just thinking if he would have done this work last year maybe he wouldn’t have gotten injured during the season. We will never know.:thinking:

I hear ya, and I completely understand!

Here’s what I believe about Isaiah. He is going to be special and do great things whether in business or broadcasting or politics or the NBA. But, here’s the thing, if he goes to the league, if he makes an NBA team all of those other things are still in play. I REALLY want that to happen for him…I just want it to happen after NEXT year…and then he’s got the whole world ahead of him!

4 Likes

I am fairly certain Isaiah Livers worked out under Micah Lancaster last summer as well. I don’t believe the summer prep had an impact on his groin injury. Isaiah looked in great shape last summer and as he entered the season. The injury was just one of those random things that happen sometimes.

7 Likes

If he can get a good feeling that he will receive a 2-Way NBA deal, he should run with it? Worked out great for Duncan, working out for Lu Dort, worked out so-so for DWJr (but he’s still very well paid and not done yet).

Yup last summer was full of Micah Lancaster videos where we wondered if Livers was ready to take the next step as a ball handler and for the most part he wasn’t during game action haha. He looks great in these workouts though. Maybe it’s enough to get someone to tell him they will draft him or at least give him a two way deal. I guess we will find out soon enough.

2 Likes

Like Aug 3 for the Michigan end of it anyway.

Andrew Dakich’s OSU/MSU reject team is playing on ESPN right now if you need a basketball fix. Currently losing to a team of D2 guys (not disparaging those guys, they can ball… unlike Andrew Dakich)

1 Like

We’re certainly getting the full Nick Ward experience here good and bad… CJ Jackson looking great

1 Like

Easy now, he’ll likely make a positive contribution to his TBT team! :wink:

My hunch is that the well spoken comment will hurt Chambers more than the noose reference.

1 Like