Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

There’s probably only a handful of guys in the country who could do a better job than Henry did on Maxsey, especially when he catches fire like that. But yeah, offseason hype had Henry’s on-ball defensive expectations in the Charles Matthews territory.

On a semi-related note, really wish we would’ve let CM guard Winston last year.

Well I’m 0-1 on bets I feel great about. Now I’m seeing Purdue’s team over/under is 87 tonight vs. Wisconsin Green Bay. Unless the ghost of Carsen Edwards arrives to score 40, I’m thinking they don’t get there

Always convince myself that I’m excited to watch Ohio State/Cincinnati but it is always a miserable bloodbath. Buckeyes still searching for their first points of the season and we are seven minutes in.

4 Likes

But at the same time, eight minutes in and Wesson hasn’t fouled out

6 Likes

Ohio State still has a point guard problem

It’s a race to 50!

Brutal half in Columbus.

I kind of like Carton’s game, why are we saying they have a PG problem?

Maybe he meant the starting PG?

Also, to see the 29/25/38 shooting % line for Cincy, I sure would have expected better from OSU in that first half.

Because their two point guards combined for 2 points on 1/3 shooting with 2 assists and 3 turnovers in the first half, looking generally as unimpactful as the PGs were last year IMO

I’ve watched three minutes of this OSU game and they’ve called three fouls on three straight possessions and none of them were actually fouls. Refs need warm up games too

I have a way bigger issue with Ohio State’s talent at the 2-3-4 than point guard.

Rutgers barely survives vs Bryant

Impressed with Purdue even if the opponent was weak… Hunter and Proctor appear to be the real deal. Eastern and Wheeler appear more athletic. Harms is still Harms but had 6 blocks. They moved well, passed well and shot well. They seem well connected. Their off season training seems to have generated better results than anyone else.

1 Like

Northwestern trailing at home to team that has never won a D1 game.

Ripping up my voucher for NW in the Final Four.

Chris Collins sucks

3 Likes

Merrimack lost their previous game by 20 to Maine, who went 5-27 last season.

1 Like

Not to throw shade at Pat Spencer, because I’m sure he’s a good person and good enough basketball player, but if your team is playing a former lacrosse player who has never played a minute of collegiate basketball 25-30 minutes as a starter, I don’t think you’re going to win a ton of games.

3 Likes