Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

Simply amazing how far he has come.

Is UC Riverside supposed to be good or is Nebraska that bad? UCR is up 20 in Lincoln.

MSU was in the double bonus for 10 minutes that half and scored 24 points total

Riverside was preseason 287 in KenPom. Nebraska might be worse than the nadir of those Rutgers teams…

Cassius getting eaten up by athletes makes me happy.

2 Likes

Non-Winston players 1-6 from three that half. Could be a whole different team without McQuaid and Goins

Will 2020 follow the usual even year pattern of MSU being everyone’s trendy pick to win it all and then getting knocked out early in the tournament?

1 Like

Definitely feels like an MSU underachievement year, followed by a late surge in the Big Ten Tournament, and then a loss to a ten seed.

Geg Grard just played out a final possession down 1 with a 3.5 second shot clock differential.

3 Likes

Martelli is one more

1 Like

Posted like someone who had St Mary’s -3 :rofl:

1 Like

I’m starting to think that evaluating DDJ and Loyer solely against eachother in high school wasn’t the smartest way to indicate future success in college lol

3 Likes

Carnesecca, Carlissimo, Martelli

1 Like

In the pros, D’Antoni

Obviously not a ton of Tyrese Maxey’s bouncing around the B10, but if Izzo is going to let Watts’ offensive struggles frustrate him, I’m not sure who on that roster is supposed to guard that sort of player.

1 Like

Dick Vitale says “unbelievable” at least 100 times a broadcast. As I reflect on what he calls unbelievable; it never is

2 Likes

Defense really wasn’t the issue for MSU. They shot very poorly from 3, probably a lot of that just plain variance. Though they need Brown, Henry, and Tillman to knock down shots. They all are pretty unproven there… So that’s probably their big question mark right now.

Pretty sure Henry was on Maxsey for most of the 2nd half, and Id expect Henry to guard the opposition’s best player as long as they play 1-4. Winston chased Maxey around for about 1.5 possessions before he got a new defensive assignment

One game hot take: Tillman looks bigger, slower, and not as effective as last season. He needs to svelte out like

Henry was definitely on him for the dagger (which he really couldn’t have done anything more to stop). If he really was on him for his countless takes to the basket, that doesn’t bode well.