Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

MSU is never going to be BAD under Izzo, and he very often surprises you when he has only one or two actually-good players, but they’ll take a big step back if they lose Tillman in addition to Winston unless they have the precisely-perfect mix of role-playing upperclassmen to fit around whomever is ball dominant. Like they did last year with McQuaid and Goins. Next year it’s not even clear who the guy is that’ll have the ball in his hands.

I predict it’ll be Aiken – not a serious prediction, but given the injuries trend for him and the excuses trend for Sparty, they’re just a perfect fit.

2 Likes

I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the rosters of Big Ten teams and this is the first time I’ve heard that name. Guessing he was a benchwarmer?

He seemed like a breakout guy at points over the last two years and was suspended quite often over the last two years. Ended up as a bench guy, yeah.

Mark Turgeon’s most impressive postseason run of his career

22 Likes

I always feel like that’s when they’re at their most dangerous.

Wasn’t sure where to put this but gave me a nice chuckle

22 Likes

Oh my so good.

‘The guy is really special’: Analysts laud Juwan Howard for job well done in first year as Michigan coach

5 Likes

Big news in the Big ten and also maybe Michigan if this has a negative effect on Christopher.

How would that be a negative effect for Christopher? Wouldn’t that be positive? Wasn’t asus pitch to him come play with him?

1 Like

I meant negative for ASU.

1 Like

Michigan basketball’s Austin Davis on the big difference from Juwan Howard to John Beilein

1 Like

Nice addition by PSU

1 Like

In a world where all 3 players come back to their schools, would you trade Livers and DDJ for Ayo?

no, not if christopher comes to um

1 Like

Yep. Ayo, Christopher/Brooks, Franz, Johns, Todd/Dickinson would be a title contender

1 Like

I think I would too.

1 Like

I wouldn’t because Isaiah compliments elite talents and fills a secondary scorer role better than most. Low usage, uber efficient and has versatility to play up or down a spot on both ends for stretches. Ayo and Christopher will be similar players

1 Like