Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

Thank god for the “FLUX CAPACITOR”. It can make all “what if’s” come true with a bit of tweaking and a Delorian.

Highlights of this Izzo Q&A:

1. “Josh Langford for example - you could argue that he was my best player”

2. “We thought we would get Joey Hauser eligible because everybody else in the country was getting guys eligible” followed by…

3. Do you have thoughts on the transfer rule change to immediate eligibility?

Izzo: “I’m not for transfers being eligible immediately because I think it’s a bad precedent for the kids

1. How many teams could have won the NCAA tournament this year?

A long convoluted answer about how nobody was a real national championship threat and no teams scared him, followed by: “Xavier, Duke, Baylor or Oregon”

10 Likes

Insufferable.

Also Josh Langford his best player :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Also Xavier? Was he confusing them with Creighton?

16 Likes

Believing Langford was his best player explains a lot about his personnel decisions the last few years.

6 Likes

Izzo is the best at making excuses. I mean, bar none I can’t think of a better excuse maker out there. It’s comical :joy:

13 Likes

For a coach who has won a national title, made a bunch of Final Fours and has made the Hall of Fame, he’s remarkably insecure.

12 Likes

Or Dayton? Did he mention Middle Tennessee State?

1 Like
11 Likes
1 Like

That’s a pretty elaborate And sincere post/letter for just testing the waters (I’m saying that with no snark or sarcasm)

5 Likes
1 Like

Wasn’t Griffin a potential breakout candidate for them next year?

I would say so. One of their most efficient offensive players but he seemed to be stuck on the bench for his (lack of) defense pretty consistently. His brother is headed to Duke as a 2021 prospect, FWIW.

Have we heard anything from Livers or Wagner?

I don’t want to brush aside the Tillman news, because that is pretty big if he goes. And reading that statement doesn’t sound like somebody who is planning on returning.

I know he could go get feedback, etc. but given his family situation and reading thru the statement makes it seem like he is going. Really interesting to see what MSU looks like without him and Winston. Would have to assume they would be a big player in the transfer market and maybe they can keep holding out hope that their “best player” Langford returns for a 5th year.

5 Likes

My best guess at what MSU looks like next year:

Grand Transfer PG (Hopefully not Hardy or Aiken)
Watts
Henry
Hall
Hauser

With Brown, Bingham, Kithier, Cissoko, Hoggard off the bench.

Nothing to laugh at, but not your typical MSU team, especially along the front line.

You forgot Marble, who I’d definitely put in the rotation above Cissoko. Can’t see Hauser and Hall being the starting front court. I think Hauser at the 4 with Marble, Kithier or Bingham starting.

But I agree Izzo is gonna go hard at a PG grad transfer. Any rumblings there? I know Aiken said he wanted to hear from them.

I’m actually higher on Cissoko than Marble, but Izzo may see it differently. Marble’s a 6’8” 230 pound PF that I think will struggle to see minutes over the more skilled guys in Hall and Hauser. Cissoko should provide some shot blocking at the backup 5 and a different type of player than the alternatives in Kithier and Bingham.

I think you’re right on Hall and Hauser not starting together though, in my mind they’re just his two most talented options there unless Bingham takes a big leap

Hauser is definitely not a five IMO.